Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil to gas conversion

Options
joanh
joanh Member Posts: 2
<span style="font-size:16pt">I am in the midst of converting from oil heat to gas heat and changing my 15 year old electric water heater to gas.  One of my proposals was for the installation of the Navien Condensing Combi Gas Boiler/Water Heater model CH-240. I reside in New Jersey if that makes a difference. It is energy star, so it's more efficient than the gas water boilers I've been quoted and a price difference of only $200, after the $300 rebate. The plumber is raving about it , says he's had it it in his own home for 3 years, and has installed several of them. Do you have any opinions on this system?

</span>

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Try Moving your question to the Main Wall

Hi - I noticed you haven't got an answer to your question yet and I'm afraid the question isn't an area I know much about. Perhaps if you put your question on the main "Wall"  ( the top category enter the "Questions" section) you will have a much better chance for a response. The Gas and oil sections are frequented more by burner guys. Be advised one of the board rules is we don't discuss pricing.

- Rod
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    I have not

said too much concerning this posting as I was waiting for some of the installer/contractors to chime in.

I am not a big fan of the Navien products because of past issues I have had with them. The newer combi units may be an improvement.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    I also

I have never seen one of the units, so didnt want to comment either. I'm not a fan of the combi unit's and have only installed one, that was another manufacturer...
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Is It?

More efficient?

http://navienamerica.com/event/notice_view.aspx?idx=8&skin=notice&kind=view

Stick that ASME price In your comparison so we are talking apples to apples. The CH-240 is not Energy Star nor is it a boiler.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.