Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Finding a leak in chiller system

Options
Is there a non-corrosive, food grade dye that can be added to Chiller System to help locate leaks?

Comments

• Tom Blackwell_2
    Tom Blackwell_2 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Dye

Yes, your water treatment contractor would know what to use. Plain old food coloring would work for a small system.
  • LaurieNC
    LaurieNC Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thinking

Sorry if butcher reply...qwerty and me do not always agree.

I had thought about food coloring...have 8 ductless coils that suspect a couple are leaking into drains but system not installed to isolate. I am definitely not the tech in company...but was wondering if our thermal imagery might be a tool to use as well (sometime we forget we have that option)
  • LaurieNC
    Options
    Color Blind

This system is a Multi Aqua 4 ton closed loop with 8 ductless air handlers. They look like Mitsubishi mini-splits. I'm color blind and was hoping for something I could add to the water without corroding anything but show up with a black light. Any thoughts?
  • LaurieNC
    Options
    Color Blind

This system is a Multi Aqua 4 ton closed loop with 8 ductless air handlers. They look like Mitsubishi mini-splits. I'm color blind and was hoping for something I could add to the water without corroding anything but show up with a black light. Any thoughts?
  • LaurieNC
    Options
    Color Blind

This discussion has been closed.