Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Finding a leak in chiller system

Is there a non-corrosive, food grade dye that can be added to Chiller System to help locate leaks?

Comments

• Tom Blackwell_2Tom Blackwell_2 Member Posts: 126
    Dye

Yes, your water treatment contractor would know what to use. Plain old food coloring would work for a small system.
  • LaurieNCLaurieNC Member Posts: 5
    Thinking

Sorry if butcher reply...qwerty and me do not always agree.

I had thought about food coloring...have 8 ductless coils that suspect a couple are leaking into drains but system not installed to isolate. I am definitely not the tech in company...but was wondering if our thermal imagery might be a tool to use as well (sometime we forget we have that option)
    Color Blind

This system is a Multi Aqua 4 ton closed loop with 8 ductless air handlers. They look like Mitsubishi mini-splits. I'm color blind and was hoping for something I could add to the water without corroding anything but show up with a black light. Any thoughts?
    Color Blind

This system is a Multi Aqua 4 ton closed loop with 8 ductless air handlers. They look like Mitsubishi mini-splits. I'm color blind and was hoping for something I could add to the water without corroding anything but show up with a black light. Any thoughts?
    Color Blind

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!