Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

zvc pump problem

Options
I have a tacozvc-404-2 and trying to wire uponer two wire zone valves. my problem is that the zone valves open fire when t stat is calling but zone controll box dosent see that there open also how do you wire the circ pump to fire when zone is calling

Comments

• Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    ZVC reply

Install a jumper across terminals 3 and 4 of the zones you have thermostats connected to. Wire 120 volt hot to one side of end switch, other side of end switch to pump. Neutral wire goes directly to pump. Set mode switch to normal. Priority switch to off. That should get you going. 
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    HI Gary Jansen

it  has been a while since I have seen your name posting here, how are you doing?
  • Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Well Tim, it's like this

I'm still fat and sassy

I'm still living the dream

and every day is a day in paradise!

At least the 1st one is true.

Thanks, Gary
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 706
    Options
    zvc404

The zvc404 is the facilitator for the multiple thermostats, and corresponding zone valves.  When the thermostat closes, TT close to energize the zone valve.  The end switch from the valve when wired to the 3, and 4 terminals communicates to the control the valve is open it's OK to fire the boiler and energize the system pump. 

The system pump can be wired to the extra end switch.  the wiring schematic is found on the instruction sheet about midway down on the left hand side.  Hopefully this helps. 
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.