Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Argo 2 arm panels

I have six Argo 2 arm panels that we installed over the last 3 years with replacement boilers and a small indirect. Everything worked fine - a couple of weeks ago I got a call - no heat 1 boiler. I switched the priority off on the panel and the heat works. Basically heating will not come on when panel is on hot water priority. When the is a call for heat the XX light will come on and bring in the boiler but will not send 110 to the pump. I have the same problem with a second panel approximately 3 weeks later - I have not corrected the problem, I am just wondering if any one has come across this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Ice Cube Relay

Try replacing the cube relay on the zone where the pump won't run. It should be available from your Argo distributor.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Argo 2 arm panels

Thanks Ironman, but if the relay was bad, surely the pump would not work at all. When I switch the priority off, the heating works fine, it just does not give priority to the hot water.

Thanks
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    "ZC and ZR"

What kind of boiler aquastat are the panels connected to? Is "ZC and ZR" jumpered in the Argo panel or connected to the boiler's aquastat?

The Argo's have a 5 year warranty. I've attached the manual that has their tech support number at the end of it. It may be that the priority over-ride timer is bad. 
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
This discussion has been closed.