Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

economite parts woes

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,693
Tim and gang, when it comes to the E20 burner motor, do I really need the oem part? i googled the motor # and found several sites selling the motor for a fraction what the local people want. A I missing something? It seems like there isn't any vendor in my county that stocks these parts which seems odd cause there's hundreds if not thousands of them in my area code. Thanks for the comments, Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    The truth is

most of us replace the entire tray it is easier and less labor cost even though the entire tray assembly;y is not cheap. Here locally we have a supplier who provided the gas company with a lot of our parts so I buy them at cost.

There is also R.L Gourley is in Mass (not in your area) but they have parts for E-20's. I would check if I were you with the local natural gas company in your area and find out if they buy locally.

Answer to your question if the motor is the exact motor and fits and you can get it on the Internet cheaper go to it.
  • GW
    Options
    ok

Thanks Tim, I am as loyal as anyone when it comes to my local vendors, but the cost difference was startling. I did confirm it was the like for like- just the motor. Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    Gary many of those units are rentals

We are not suppose to fix them as they are property of the gas company. You may want to check that.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • GW
    Options
    yes

Thanks for the reminder- we do certainly ask before we touch it. If they 'don't know' we tell them to go find a gas bill. For whatever reason a lot of people with these burners happen to own them. Thanks, Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.