Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Our friend Tim.

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
If you're a Wallie, you know the huge contribution our friend Tim McElwain makes to this place by sharing his knowledge of gas heating. Tim has started sending me some articles that he often refers to in his Wall posts. I've created a new section in the Library for these and you can see that here:  <a href="http://www.heatinghelp.com/article-categories/300/Tim-McElwains-Closet">http://www.heatinghelp.com/article-categories/300/Tim-McElwains-Closet</a>

Tim had shingles this winter and he's still recovering. As a result of his illness, he had to cancel a few of his classes, which is how he makes his living. The good news is that Tim has these remarkable troubleshooting manuals for sale. They're reasonably priced and quite comprehensive. As a way of thanking him for all that he does for us, and also as a way of helping yourself, it would be wonderful if you got in touch with Tim and asked to see a list of his manuals.

You can reach him at <a href="mailto:timmcelwain@gastc.necoxmail.com">timmcelwain@gastc.necoxmail.com</a>

Thanks for helping a friend. Lord knows he helps us.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    edited January 2011
    Thank you Dan

it is much appreciated. As time and schedules permit I will be adding more good stuff to "Tim's Closet"

Much of what will be included are procedures that are often to large to post here in this forum. By referring the poster who is looking for this information it can be downloaded. It will save time and for me postage as I often mail these procedures for free to those who need them.
  • DanHolohan
    Tim,

Thanks for always being there for us.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Nice to see so many people reading this one!

Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tim McElwain
    Bump

!
  • DanHolohan
    Tim,

are people getting in touch with you?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tim McElwain
    No they are not

but I am sure everyone is busy with all the snow and crazy weather.

Things were slow before I got sick so it is going to take some\time to recover the lost revenue. These are trying times for everyone so I am sure I am not alone.

I might try putting some information on what I have to offer in the way of my manuals here on the wall later today. Just a brief statement on each one. No prices will be discussed.

Thank you for your concern!
  • DanHolohan
    Sorry to hear that.

I figured the good folks would rally. Send me the list with the prices and I'll add it to Tim's Closet and we'll see what happens. We've always been here for each other from the start, Tim.

Anyone like to man-up here? The guy needs help. Hello?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Heating Professionals

If you do hydronic heating as a career, you will want to purchase Tim's "Modulating/Condensing Equipment, Volume 1".  It has detailed information about installing and servicing Munchkin and Prestige Solo boilers along with data on negative pressure and modulating gas valves.

I purchased my copy last November and have found it helping my career by increasing what I know about the equipment I service.  It's money well spent.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Tim McElwain
    Thanks Alan I

am glad you enjoyed it. I am working on Volume Two. I however got sort of waylaid with this sickness. I was enjoying going to the different factories and seeing things first hand. I guess you call it research. Fortunately a lot of the boiler companies are nearby in New England and the Eastern seaboard.
  • Oak Park Electric
    Oak Park Electric Member Posts: 54
    More for the closet

Yes it's already in other parts of the site, but why not also have links to Tim's books and training manuals, and also to the tech school page for his training center appear on the closet page?  The more it's out there, the more it will be found.  Just a thought...
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Tims books

I have close to 10 of Tim's Manuals within arms reach here with me in  my Engine Room, these are some extremly useful manuals, I am always looking forward to Tims updated list of Manuals to add to my collection, Thanks to Tim and Dan for all you do.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Tim

Do you have a website or list of books available?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Tim McElwain
    No I do

not have a website. However my wonderful friends Dan Holohan, Alan Mecurio, George Lanthier, George Kerr, and  others have so graciously allowed me to be a part of their sites.

To contact me and get a list is the best way to go my e-mail is gastc@cox.net

I really should at some time get a web site, have just not had the time, money or personal expertise to start one. I am not the most literate computer dude on the face of this earth.

If you "Google" my name there is quite a bit of information about what I do.
  • DanHolohan
    I'll be loading this very soon.

We're traveling this month. Just waiting on the PDF conversions. Thanks, Bob.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Tim's manuals

They're now up and available in Tim's Closet:

http://www.heatinghelp.com/article-categories/300/Tim-McElwains-Closet
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tim McElwain
    Thanks Dan it really

is appreciated.
  • Tim McElwain
    Thanks John Wallace

who ordered two manuals, I  need your mailing address so I can get them off to you. Please e-mail to gastc@cox.net
  • Tim's Manuals

Last year I purchased nearly ALL of Tim's manuals. Well written, easily followed by all. Tim,  thank you for the help you have given us .

Ken Resnick

helpingothershelpthemselves
    He who knows WHY

Shall be master of

He who knows HOW
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Manual

Just ordered Electric Ignition Systems Volume 2  from the book store.
  • Tim McElwain
    Thanks Mike

I will get that off toyou as soon as the order comes through.
This discussion has been closed.