Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnhan HE Alpine Gaso Boiler ignition noise

Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 1
I converted to gas in August and had a Burnham Alpine 105BTU high efficiency gas condensing boiler installed. The only problem I seem to have with it is when it ignites. It makes a "whumping" sound, much like a gas grill does when a bit too much gas is present before it ignites. I had a heating tech look at it and he called Burnham to speak with Rep about it.  The issue appears to be with the mixture of gas and air. Not having the appropriate gauge he couldn't measure it and didn't want to make any adjustments without knowing the starting point. So he has been trying to find a Burnham tech that has the gauges and can come out, but hasn't had success. Anyone know of someone on the South Shore in MA that can help?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Contact

Alvin Hollis, some of their techs have been to my classes and should be able to help you. I do not have their contact info right now but I will get it for you.
  • Tim McElwain
    Here you go

contact us

Address: 1 Hollis Street, South Weymouth, MA 02190-9921

Email: info@alvinhollis.com   Phone: 781-335-2100

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Alpine

Burnham is having some issues with certain Alpines. By any chance are you getting a E25 error code? If so need to replace with:

102726-02  Display

103395-01 Assembly Boot Repair Kit

103421-01 Repair Kit
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • MacPHJr
    MacPHJr Member Posts: 66
    Same here

Got f25 fault code over weekend on alpine 105 with sage 2 controller. Called supply house who talked to burn ham rep. He came out that day and replaced the board. He said that there is a software upgrade too. But he felt it was better to swap out the board.

Kinda got the feeling that this is a reoccurring issue for the new boiler. But we got great service from burn ham and we have a happy customer again.
  • Tim McElwain
    Lets address the "whump"

sound at the time of ignition. Cause is failure to set the boiler up with a combustion analyzer at the time of install. Installers who do not have an analyzer should not be putting these in. Other possible causes undersized piping, use of CSST, to short a run to the unit, should be about 10 feet horizontally at least 3/4" pipe. Contact Burnham and they will resolve the problem.

E-25 error codes Error Hard Lockouts is caused by ignition "electrical noise" again contact Burnham and they have a solution. They have been as always responding to their customers calls and the problem should very soon be completely eliminated,

If you have any questions concerning this give me a e-mail (gastc@cox.net) or call me 401-437-0557.
This discussion has been closed.