Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Which Honeywell high limit / boiler controls do you have on hand?

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
Hello, did a service call last night, Honeywell 8148E dropped out, I had a 8148J (no stack vent damper), I want to get some more stock for out own inventory, does anyone have a list of what they keep? I'm certainly happy to pay more for controls that do more (I won't be buying another J model)

Thanks, Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    I assume you had an OEM

version of the L8148E that has a hook up for the vent damper. That is an OEM control only so you would have to order it from the OEM.The L8148J is the Universal replacement that covers quite a lot of different relays so I would not if I were you not have one.
  • GW
    Options
    Hey Tim

Tim, I spent some time at honeywell,com and the "shelf" 8148E1265 seems to be an exact replacement. I neglected to get the suffix numbers off the unit last night. I was bummed how long I spent verifying whether it was the honeywell control or the stack damper end switch; I really dont do lots of service calls anymore.

So, the j model does 24 and milli I learned today. The e is a 24v with damper output, the a is a 115.

Thanks, gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Control List

Gary, I try to keep an A, E (I do a lot of Buderus G124's), and J around.  Also the newer digital aquastats are pretty useful for oil (7224?).  I can do just about anything with one in a pinch.

I also try to keep an L4006 and 6006 around for the same reasons.  Gets me out of a pinch on late nights and weekends. 

I try to keep a 8184G primary and a Couple of carlins with the different delays on the van.

A roll duct tape and some wire.  What else do we need?

Good Luck. 
  • GW
    Options
    good to know

Thanks for the comments, sounds like good advice, i am rusty on my 'basic controls". The L7224U1002 you mention, i do see those on the new oil boilers we install.

On a service call is there anything this unit won't do (i am asking in regard to basic aquastat)? Does it do low limit?

I will keep a 8148 a,e,j on hand. Thanks for input on the oil side

Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.