Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus G115 / Rello F5 - frequent relight

Options
Jbresee
Jbresee Member Posts: 1
Hi,

I've got an intermittent problem with the burner lighting, running a couple of seconds, and re-lighting. As a part of the annual cleaning, I replaced the filter, screen and nozzle, cleaned the CAD eye, and bled the line.

The restarts don't trip the burner reset.

My thinking is that I've got an issue with either pump pressure (pump failure) or something restricting oil flow (gunk in the bottom of the tank). I have to run out an pick up an adapter for my gauge to test the pump pressure.

Do you guys have any other thoughts on this? Obviously, I'm new to the Riello.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• add
    add Member Posts: 94
    Options
    the riello burner

rarely goes bad,i won't just check the pump psi just yet.you probaly need to bleed it better the riello is very tricky. i reccomend a pro.i also reccomend to be gentle with it when you work on it.
  • jimbresee
    jimbresee Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

A flakey reading from the CAD cell or air in the line both make a lot of sense.

I will re-bleed the lines and really clean the area around the nozzle and see if that clears up the frequent re-lighting issues.

Thanks again for the replies.

Jim
  • add
    add Member Posts: 94
    Options
    if you have

2 oil lines more than likely you do not have air in the lines.more than likely i would check all the contact under the primary control.sometimes when you remove the primary control on this burner the contacts get bended when you want to have them all lined up before you slide the control back in.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    I have seen this before.

Check the Oil Valve solenoid.  If the coil is not all the way seated, the valve stem "floats" causing intermittent oil delivery.

Not saying that this is whats happening, but more likely that a pump problem.  Those burners are bullet proof.
This discussion has been closed.