Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

burnham oil boiler running 15 seconds

Options
hard
hard Member Posts: 4
then shutting off. Any clues what might be wrong?

Comments

• add
    add Member Posts: 94
    Options
    poor info

this is another example of poor information ,no history of service, make of burner,from this tiny bit of info sounds like a bad cad eye, but again..........
  • hard
    Options
    Stack relay with honeywell aquastat

will restart when reset is pushed and then again cuts off in 15 seconds? What to expect when serviceman arrives?
  • add
    Options
    just watch

how he diagnoses the problem,step by step.with a stack relay now we are talking of a possible dead ignitor or clugged nozzle ,you still did not tell us when was your last service on the unit,keep up posted.
  • hard
    Options
    The boiler fires and the flue gets hot

to the touch. Could it still be a dead ignitor or a clogged nozzle? I just dont want to pay for parts I dont need. Will for sure share the fix(if he gets it)
  • add
    Options
    you are right

if the unit fires up you definetely do not have a bad ignitor or plugged nozzle.you may have a stack relay that is going bad or burner motor going bad,if you are lucky to get an experienced oil mechanic he wont be changing parts and diagnose the right way.
  • add
    Options
    stack relay

if you have a chance let us have the number in the back of the stack relay thank you.
  • hard
    Options
    It was the cad cell

Fellow showed up smelling of liquor, and showing holiday cheer. Took it apart changed the cad cell, let me look at the old one. It only cost me $98. I was very very happy to have heat and someone who did not tell me I needed a new one. Which I could figure that out for myself. Thank you for all your help.
  • add
    Options
    you welcome

i am glad it worked out, the technician wasn't drunk enough.....
This discussion has been closed.