Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars Endurance combination boiler (EBP)

Options
brown233
brown233 Member Posts: 2
my laars boiler every other day stop working, any one with knows how to work on this boiler, I have different people look at it but no one seen to known how to work on this system 

Comments

• Thorp Thomas
    Thorp Thomas Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I can fix it...

I bought one a few years ago to replace a failed Heat Maker in my brother in-law place. What a huge mistake, I've had nothing but grief with it; 4 igniter kits, 2 flow switches, 1 braze plate HX, 2 pumps, 3 controls boards and a few other miscellaneous parts. The vent pipe fell apart, well; it had some help by the kids slamming a basket ball against the outlet. The unit looks like its 30 years old with all the times it been taken apart.

Best advice to you is to cut your losses and buy something else, anything else.

Although to be fair the one in BIL house is operating radiant heat with non-02 tubing (polybutalyne). Other six I have installed are conventional copper, BB systems in condos with little or no problems for the past 8 years, just a control board or two.

So, what seem to be the problem with yours? The control boards are very sensitive to power surges, you probably need a new one and also a surge protector as well.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Options
    No endurance

Been there done that on thanks God only a few instals as the customer wanted it. They are board sensitive and environment sensitive. Run and get a pro to install ANY Gianonni exchanger boiler, preferably a Knight.

Henry
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Try contacting

Laars at 603-335-6300 they may have someone in your area that is qualified to service the unit.

What is your location?
This discussion has been closed.