Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trane XL 80 Blinking red light

Options
Lost my owners manual. I have a Trane TUD080R936H furnace that quit heating last night. There is a red blinking light. Anyone know what the problem is?

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    I assue the blinking light is

on the control (Integrated Furnace Control) in the blower compartment, is that correct?

What is the make and number of that control?
  • Marco_Antonio
    Marco_Antonio Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Trane XL 80 Blinking red light

Found the diagnostics on the Integrated Furnace Control and it says the slow blinking red light indicates NORMAL-NO CALL FOR HEAT. Last night I followed the instructions for a restart and it lit the burner tubes (sorry for the rookie terminology) for a few seconds and then quit. So I shut the furnace down per the instructions.

Further investigation leads me to belief that it's the flame sensor.

A few minutes ago I cleaned (vacuumed) the motherboard and bottom section of the furnace, assuming that's the blower compartment, and followed the restart sequence. The furnace restarted and is working as normal right now. If I take the bottom cover off the switch will shut down the system. So I'm going to let the house warm for a while. Wife and all..... Unfortunatly I have to return to work for the day. Should I shut it down tonight and give you the information?

Marco
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    Let it run if it will

do so normally and get me the numbers of the controls and the make.
This discussion has been closed.