Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Argo Panel Trim

heatboy
heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
It seems that the "new and improved" version of Panel trim no longer has the option of double tier element.  Is this true?  The 30% extra output would really help.

I haven't found any other manufacturer that offers a double tier option.  Has anyone found a manufacturer that does?

Thanks in advance.
heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."

Comments

• HDE_2
    HDE_2 Member Posts: 140
    2-Tier

Sterling Light commercial (Mestek)
  • Andy Stack_3
    Andy Stack_3 Member Posts: 39
    Slant /Fin

Jeff

Slant/Fin has some nice options for high-output baseboard.
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    edited July 2010
    Argo

Used to do a lot of fin tube baseboard in the 80's and 90's and I thought Argo was the best board out there. The enclosure seemed to be a thicker gauge steel which was nice.

Baseboard just seems so pre-historic to me now with the European style radiant panels out here now.  When customers want to replace their baseboard. I give them options and they usually go with with the radiant panels after they find out the benefits, especially if they have a mod/con with ODR. 

They're not always practical because of cost and height limitations, BTU requirements, etc..  I just thought I'd throw that out there.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    argo

check out heating edge from smiths environmental they have a two pipe baseboard with all aluminum fin in it. great for use on mod-con boilers, geothermal h/p systems and solar heating systems. can be used on regular boiler heating systems.
This discussion has been closed.