Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OT Curiosity question,,

Would any male subjects have a problem with a female MD? 

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Not Me.

I have two MDs; One for everything.  One who is more holistic, to work on my cholesterol. She is a trauma surgeon in a local hospital, but also has an integrated medical practice. I have had other MDs in the past. The first MD I remember was when I was a kid, and she was a woman. Edith Rebecca Hatch; she got her degree in 1906. She seemed old to me when I was about 10 years old. Most of my doctors were men.

Another issue is that I am older than any of my doctors, dentists, etc. But I guess that is OK too. First of all, they were in school more recently than a doctor my age. Second, they are less likely to retire or die on me.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Nope

Been looked at by a few, including female med students. No problem. it's all professional.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    I've had a female MD for years.

She's very petite and has thin fingers. Makes my yearly physical a lot easier. :-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)
    Dave Yates (GrandPAH) Member Posts: 281
    If women only knew

what we go through! I'll leave now to don full body armor(G).

Turn your head a cough dear. Let's just check that prostrate while we're here dear. I too have had several lady docs. Only legit time to be in the buff with the opposite sex who is not your spouse! Quite frankly, they're a lot gentler.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I go to the VA and

you take what they give you. Recent prostrate surgery was with one male and three females as my doctors not really a problem.
This discussion has been closed.