Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas heat help

Options
captbuderus_2
captbuderus_2 Member Posts: 23
I have twin keystone (utica) 74,000 btu nat. gas boilers installed in a double home, both are electronic ignition. The problem I'm having is 1 has a intermittent lock out, you have to shut the power off and back on and it works fine for a period of time.

I have checked the gas psi with both running,one running etc, draft on both both single and both running, they are chimney venting and it is lined. they both have a meter, I have replaced the pilot burner, checked all wiring (grounds) 

Any ideas of things I can check or that I missed?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Had a similar issue

with a Utica(Dunkirk). Can you be more specific to its model/age?

What type/# of intermittent control module is employed on the unit?

There is a specific pilot burner change-out that may or may not apply to your model for just these symptoms.
  • captbuderus_2
    Options
    I will

get that info/model of the boiler(s)  They were installed October 2009
  • captbuderus_2
    Options
    I forgot to metion.......

We swapped the controls between the 2, the boiler that was having the problem continued the one that was good remained that way, so that should rule out the control.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    If it is going into lockout that

is very unusual with newer controls as most are retry versions. They will try to ignite in 30 or 60 or 90 seconds then shut down for five minutes then try again.

What are the make model of the boiler and numbers of the ignition module and gas valve?

If you send me an e-mail I can send you a checkout procedure for intermittent ignition systems. My e-mail is gastc@cox.net.
This discussion has been closed.