Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello vs. Carlin

Options
Cap
Cap Member Posts: 1
Good Evening.  We are in the process of converting from Oil to Natural Gas.  We currently have an Ultimate boiler with a riello burner.  The contractor we are using for converting to natural gas uses Carlin G3B gas guns.  I was wondering if Carlin has a good reputation and efficency rating as riello?  Thanks, Andy

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Carlin is a good

conversion burner, I have used the G3B many times and it will give you a combustion efficiency of around 80% if set up correctly. The new Carlin EZ is also available and is a very good burner about the same efficiency.

Riello also makes a gas conversion burner that you may want to take a look at.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    I like Carlin

They are based not far from me in East Longmeadow, MA so I am biased. Nothing against Riello I just like seeing people near me working more.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Nathan_6
    Nathan_6 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    What's common in your Area?

Personally I would go with the riello because after years of installing their oil and gas burners I've yet to have any issues with them.  They just run and run and stay in tune.  We currently have two reillo conversion burners running in a facility in prudhoe bay Alaska were the temp can drop  to -60 or greater and in the 15 years they have been in service they have never missed a beat or had any parts fail or wear out on them. 

That being said I have very little experience with the Carlin burners as they aren't that common in our area but the two other individuals that responded had good things to say about them so I guess I would lean towards which ever burner is commonly available in your area and what your service man is comfortable with using.

just my $.02
  • heatingguy
    heatingguy Member Posts: 3
    Options
    MM

The ultimate boiler may be a positive over fire pressure boiler. The G3B can not fire a positive pressure boiler. EZ gas may be a better option you may want to call tech support for the best options.
This discussion has been closed.