Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mod Con recommendation

Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
I am a big believer in the Prestige Mod Con. I've installed quite a few and had very few problems. However, I looked at a job today that has the boiler room under some stairs and there is not enough room for a wall mounted boiler. A floor mounted would work. Which models would you recommend and why? thanks for your input. WW

Comments

• Wayne,,,

Can a floor-stand for a TT Solo work?

I`m sure you know they`re available. ;-)
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Prestige Boilers

I'm with you, Wayne. Sometimes, I wish that the Triangle Tube boilers came in a floor mount model. Not every installation can call for a wall mount boiler.  I had to make a stand for mine, because my wife didn't want to remove the coat rack downstairs of the basement wall. It would have been nice to have a floor mount model in that instance.

Ross
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    In the Triangle Tube

Specification Brochure under optional equipment a Floor Stand is listed.
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Floor stand

Hi Tim,

I used the dimensions in the literature, and welded up a floorstand out of 1 5/8" uni-strut. I was in a stingy mood that day! :-)

Ross
  • ST
    ST Member Posts: 10
    Munchkin?

I believe Munchkin has a floor model.  I remember installing them in the past, sometimes on boiler blocks to get some height for the condensation trap.  I think the 50M, 80M. 140M and 199M. were the floor models with the piping and gas coming off of the side.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    Peerless

Peerless Purefire sits on the floor and there is an extra bracket option to mount on a wall ... Nice price , built in condensate neutralizer ... The few I put in seems to work out ok ..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Has anyone

used the Slant Fin Bobcat? I like the fact that the heat exchanger has a low pressure drop through it, like the TT Solo. I'm not as thrilled that ithe HX is aluminum but that's not a deal breaker. However I have no other information or hearsay about it. I also like the name, "Bobcat," but I liked the name Munchkin too until I had one or two problems with them.  WW 
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    95% AFUE BOILER

check out the burnham alpine boiler that is 95% AFUE

this boiler gets installed sitting on the floor and if you need more than one boiler you can stack one on top of the other.
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Bobcat

I have not used the bobcat but they are gaining in popularity in my area (MN) with positive feedback from other installers.
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Thanks

for the input Bob but I must protest. While I love Burnham as a company the Alpine uses the same HX as the Munchkin and the Knight. Am I being too picky to want  to steer away from the high resistance HX's??? 
  • scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    Viessmann

I think it's reasonable to avoid the giannoni hx on account of it's pumping requirements.

Have you looked at the new vitodens boilers. Wall hung, but smaller than comparable prestige. Competitively priced, Ti stainless, 2" cpvc venting option,Lots of reasons to like these boilers.
This discussion has been closed.