Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

VFD and Scroll compressors

Options
Twomorrow I will be attending a 1/2 day VFD class and a 1/2 day scroll  compressor class . I hope it is as interesting as it sounds. Dan H. posted about this a little while ago .

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited March 2010
    Options
    VFD Scrolls

WOW, HOLY MOLY,I'LL BE DAMED,UNBELEAVIABLE.That was two really good classes.The morning was about Variable  Frequiency Drive basics for any type of applications ,by Danfoss, and the afternoon was about Danfoss Scroll Compressors and Danfoss Scroll Compressors with VFD incorporated  in them . A 3T AC comp @ 60hz will produce 1 1/2 T @ 30hz and 4T @ 90hz along with several compressor protections functions .Another fine class I've gotten myself into Ollie!!!!!!Thanks Dan.H ,RSES and Mr.Ken Fonstad and Mr.Jeff Staub both from Danfoss ,both excellent instructors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • paul_79
    paul_79 Member Posts: 91
    Options
    danfos

danfos hs been busy in the vfd compressor field. Go to danfos site and look up turbocor oil less compressor. this is a centrifugal that has no bearings for the rotor  it rides in a magnetic field.  quiet as can be.  we had one of our chillers retro fitted with these compressors and the noise level is unbelivable. so quiet. plus the compressors being on  a vfd drive can go from almost nothing to full load with out the problems of running unloaded for a long time.
  • Techman
    Options
    paul

that sounds cool.What brand of equipment is the compressor in?I will check that out!
  • paul_79
    Options
    turbocor

i believe that mcquay  has a partnership deal on some of there models but danfos turbocor can be used as a retrofit on any centrifugal machine. I will post a picture later on today on the conversion
  • Techman
    Options
    ok

paul, danfoss owns McQuay
  • paul_79
    Options
    turbocor

I did not know that, learn something new every day. Here are some pictures of a conversion. also you can go to youtube and watch one in action. just type turbocor.
This discussion has been closed.