Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

prayers

Options
For our friends in the NE (Cranston, RI, Boston, etc) who tonight through Sunday are facing some tough flooding conditions.

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    prayers

Amen to that. My niece and her family was on the news last nite being evacuated by boat in Cranston. This has been way too wet of a season
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Prayers

Amen to that.....this is probably the one time they would wish that this had been a snow even....at least you can shovel that away !!!
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Sending positive energy their way...

Watching it on the news. What a mess.

This too shall come to pass.

Ma Nature can be a cruel entitiy.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    Options
    Just heard from Steve Gronsky

They came within eight feet of going under water. He sent a video. Scary. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    My entire neighborhood

Riverside, RI a part of East Providence have flooded basements, our problem is not the rivers but water table. I have three sump pumps running year round and it is able to stay with the water table normally. Not with this I have six inches of water in the basement (my office). My neighbors who have no pumps have water up to the top of the cellar stairs. We will not however be eligible for any assistance.

I have a pump running right now which pumps 75 gallons per hour and it is barely keeping up, that along with three sump pumps and another small pump. It is real bad and is supposed to peak this afternoon at around 3 PM.
This discussion has been closed.