Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I need a computer program for PEX tubing layouts

I am a distributor of "xyz" PEX tubing in the state of Indiana. I am trying to find a simple computer program that will allow my sales people to do a heat loss calculation and ultimately create a CAD drawing and material list. Please recommend any computer programs available. Also, please recommend any good design manuals available to the industry.

Thanks!

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Heat Loss Program

Doesn't the manufacturer of "xyz" pex have a heat loss program? 

Uponor has an advanced design program that will do loop layouts; some contractors use RightSoft. The programs do have a learning curve and require training. 
  • BobbyG
    BobbyG Member Posts: 79
    what part of IN?

What part of Indiana?  I'm in Evansville.  I use Microsoft Visio professional for tubing layouts, but it has a large learning curve.

The heatloss program du jour from pex tubing manufacturer and I use it for heat loss only.  I have been doing this so long that I can (at least I think I can) calculate # of loops and lengths closer than any software program has been able to guesstimate.
  • Brad McCrea
    Brad McCrea Member Posts: 3
    LoopCAD 2010

Hi, we have a program for floorplan drawing and loop layout. And on March 8, 2010 we are releasing a new version which will include integrated heat loss calculations, hydronic calculations, 3D and snow melt designs. On March 8th you can download a 30-day free trial at [url=http://www.LoopCAD.com]www.LoopCAD.com.

Brad McCrea
  • LoopCAD

is an excellent product.  When you load the program, it will ask you if you want to check for new versions.  The upgrades are free and I look forward to downloading the new one on Monday.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
This discussion has been closed.