Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I need a computer program for PEX tubing layouts

Options
I am a distributor of "xyz" PEX tubing in the state of Indiana. I am trying to find a simple computer program that will allow my sales people to do a heat loss calculation and ultimately create a CAD drawing and material list. Please recommend any computer programs available. Also, please recommend any good design manuals available to the industry.

Thanks!

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Heat Loss Program

Doesn't the manufacturer of "xyz" pex have a heat loss program? 

Uponor has an advanced design program that will do loop layouts; some contractors use RightSoft. The programs do have a learning curve and require training. 
  • BobbyG
    BobbyG Member Posts: 79
    Options
    what part of IN?

What part of Indiana?  I'm in Evansville.  I use Microsoft Visio professional for tubing layouts, but it has a large learning curve.

The heatloss program du jour from pex tubing manufacturer and I use it for heat loss only.  I have been doing this so long that I can (at least I think I can) calculate # of loops and lengths closer than any software program has been able to guesstimate.
  • Brad McCrea
    Brad McCrea Member Posts: 3
    Options
    LoopCAD 2010

Hi, we have a program for floorplan drawing and loop layout. And on March 8, 2010 we are releasing a new version which will include integrated heat loss calculations, hydronic calculations, 3D and snow melt designs. On March 8th you can download a 30-day free trial at [url=http://www.LoopCAD.com]www.LoopCAD.com.

Brad McCrea
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    LoopCAD

is an excellent product.  When you load the program, it will ask you if you want to check for new versions.  The upgrades are free and I look forward to downloading the new one on Monday.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
This discussion has been closed.