Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

knight/ramp up ramp down

Options
hello, i have a lochinvar knight, i would like to use the ramp up ramp down feature, but do not have the pc to interface it, i have had it set in the past where it was running like a ferrari, at about 30-33% rather than ramping up to 100% meeting the set point then shutting off (i guess short cycling), do i need the pc interface, or do i just need to know the proper settings for the boost temp/ cycle time..etc etc.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Pretty sure...

That is one of the parameters that has to be accessed thru the lap top.

Alledgedly soon to change, but not without firmware upgrades.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • BobbyG
    BobbyG Member Posts: 79
    Options
    dude

I'm curious though,

you say," i have had it set in the past where it was running like a ferrari, at about 30-33%"

and that statement gives me pause to your familiarity with the nuances of this unit.  Are you a contractor or homeowner? and what is your knowledge base of this unit?

When their is a "call for heat" it's only focus is to meet setpoint and hold that temp until the "call for heat" is satisfied no matter if it is firing 20%-100%.  If your setpoint temp is programmed right, either fixed or using outdoor reset (self-adjusting), it shouldn't short cycle.

If it is short-cycling maybe your setpoint is too high?  Are you using outdoor reset?  If you are, what are your F1-F9 settings?

If not short-cycling, what is the complaint?
This discussion has been closed.