Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Reset button on the furnace makes the flame on the burner go off

hey.... i posted something also under gas burners but i forgot to mention this.... see the thing is, my furnace runs for about 5 minutes... the flame kicks on and then it goes off after a couple minutes (not water in the line)  anyway, when it goes off, the furnace seems like it's still working but it's blowin just normal air... There is a switch down there underneathe the top panel that has tempatures on it.. from like 200-300 degrees which u can adjust.. and it has a RESET button.. whenever i push the reset button, the flame will come back on and works normal but only lasts a couple of minutes..I dunno what to do

Comments

• ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    That..

That sounds like your FAN Limit switch. I wouldn;t monkey with it. The fact that your furnace runs ok makes me think that your issue isn;t huge and some control has gone whack. You cant fix these safety controls. THey need to be replaced and they all cost bucks. You don;t want to replace a 200.00 fan limit only to find out that wasn;t the problem. You need to get someone with the correct knowledge and test equipment. Could be a flame sensor. Could be anything.
This discussion has been closed.