Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pex question please

ddenny
ddenny Member Posts: 75
Is "A" pex really better than B or C pex? how so

thank you

Comments

• pex is pex

Any salesperson can sell you the advantage of one pex over any other pex, a,b, c or d. Even between like manufactures the sales people will sell, it's their job.

Bottom line is they all work, they all have a 25 year warranty, they have all been successful. 
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Pex is Pex

I agree to a point "Pex A" does have advantages of the others though. The fitting system is just as important as the tubing itself. Some of the "b" and "c" guys  are beginning to see so problems associated with the crimp style fittng approach where the fitting is not holding up to agressive water as the walls of those ftgs are not as large as the "A" guy.

With the "A" guy the tubing itself along with a ring made of the same material forms the joint vs a forced joint with some type of metal band. It may not be so critical in a plbg application but on a heating application I wouln't be comfortable with a crimp type fitting system. I'm not saying it won't work or fail over time but the "A" guy use to have a crimp type system for a little while and found some long terms problems associated with it so they stopped using that type of system.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Ableboy
    Ableboy Member Posts: 5
    Second That

Amen,

Buy the installer, buy the wholesaler, buy the system.
  • mjcromp
    mjcromp Member Posts: 57
    I prefer

pex a.  easier to work with bends in a smaller radius. Better for making tighter tubing layouts.
    Too bad common sense isn't very common.
This discussion has been closed.