Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Myson Radiators - are they any good?

Options
Last year we replaced our old 1950's oil boiler with a new TriangleTube gas condensing boiler. The boiler essentially just hooked up to our existing hydronic heating delivery system. We wish to start replacing the old radiators with newer contemporary styles. I quite like the look of the Myson<strong> </strong>T-6IVC or their decor style radiators. I have attached a photo of what our current radiators look like, which is essentially a finned design in a metal cage Throughout the house, all radiators are the same style although some are bigger and some are smaller, depending on the room that it is in. Our hydronic heating delivery and return appear to be inch and a half cast iron pipe and the leads going to the radiators appear to be 1 inch cast iron pipe. The entire heating system is controlled by one thermostat located in the upstairs hallway. The house has two floors, with a total of about twelve radiators.

I would be interested if the Myson radiators are of good quality and if any of their radiators would work well with replacing what we currently have. We wouldn't be able to replace all the radiators at once. Maybe about three or four per year, so whatever radiators we get would need to work well in conjunction with the system that is already in place.

I appreciate any feedback

Thanks,

GBell<span></span>

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Wall Panel Radiators

I prefer either the DiaNorm, Buderus or Runtal radiators. If Myson is easier for your distributor, so be it.  The radiators have particular piping connections, requiring a repipe for each replacement. The radiators are also cofigured with a Thermostatic Radiator Valve (TRV) which allows control of each rad.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Paul

Nice pic, have you had a chance to get a look at the new boiler?  The word is not until Jan for you guys on the west coast. I'm sure you'll love the 35% drop bring it right in line with everyone else but yet offering much more than everyone else.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    New Vitos

I'm meeting with the Viessmann folks next week. We'll see what they have to say.
This discussion has been closed.