Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lowest Ambient Temp For AC

Options
I have used ICB controls they make a low ambeint solid state control it cyles the condenser fan it used a thermister that get attached to your condenser coil the unit can be used on either a ball bearing motor or a sleve bearing motor and has a full speed start and then slows the fan motor down aording to the thermister .I have used them is a few instanes and they have worked well for me .Remenber to check your sub cooling and adjust the thermister location for the best performace also throw in a low pressure switch peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Gary Kirk
    Gary Kirk Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Lowest Ambient Temp For AC

I have AC units that cool indoor grow rooms. These grow rooms have many thousands of BTU's of ballasts. They can not use out door air for cooling. Im running in parellel a high pressure control aswell as a temp control for turning off and on the cond fan motor. The idea is to utilize the high temp control when the temp drops below a certain OD temp. What temp do you think that is ... im geussing around 50 degrees.

www.AlpineHeat.com
  • jp_2
    jp_2 Member Posts: 1,935
    Options
    why not move

the ballast?

wire the lights with remote ballast.
  • Gary Kirk
    Options

I will be looking over the ICB controls suggested. I did suggest remote ballasts to the owner, he does not want that expense as of yet ...he has ALOT of lights to deal with.

Thanks for the help.

www.AlpineHeat.com
  • Gary Kirk
    Options

So this ICB control acts like a varibale freg drive? Simular?

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    another note

gary also don't forget a crank case heater other wise your oil may migrate to the warmer coil and i might consider adding a suction line acumalator also to protet your compressor from any refrergerant which may condense in your lines or indoor coil on the off cyle .How much is the load and how big is the area it may pay to use a standard mini split like a mitisubhsi most work very well in low ambeint and they an be ordered with a low ambeint asse kit peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • JohnNY3
    JohnNY3 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    ICM?

Used a few ICM controllers, never heard of ICB

http://www.icmcontrols.com/products/category.php?cat_pk=5
This discussion has been closed.