Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

freezer badly in need of cleaning

ok here it is bottom line. stand up doubledoor freezer control went bad . school was shut down for week ... i am heating tech but got called in because school stunk and stuff ooozing out of doubledoor commercial freezer .... hmmmmm .. i got there and digital tstat said 113 degrees .food was cooked smelled geeeez.my theory is the defrost was stuck. overheated freezer for however long . all food was evacuated .... they cleaned compartment with bleach . lock doors and removed outside... make long story short .what procedure to get rid of smell before i start troubleshooting

Comments

• jhfsdhf2171289
    jhfsdhf2171289 Member Posts: 9
    rif odor

two ways stand back open doors go in with hose and simple green and follow up with baking soda cleaning and air out or go in FDS you get that the drug store
  • Ray_14
    Ray_14 Member Posts: 17

Try vanilla in a bowl.
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    I've used

coffee and balled up newspaper very successfully in a residential fridge/freezer. Slow but effective. Also used to use coffee in reefer trailers to get rid of meat smells.
    Just my 2c
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Time

Unfortunately, the best way to remove teh smell is to leave the doors open and wait.

If you jump out the door switch and allow the system to operate, the evaporator fan will help circulate air through the coil and eventually out of the box.

Placing baking soda in the box will work, but a dish with lemon juice will help as well.

Please keep us posted.

This discussion has been closed.