Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

looking for used tankless...

chris_24
chris_24 Member Posts: 22
heater...
I know it sounds strange, but my customer wants a used tankless. I guess he thinks he will save some money, and maybe he will, so I told him I would ask around.

problem is, no one sells anything used. I need either a Takagi, or a Monitor tankless. Monitor would be my preference, but either way will work.

anyone have any ideas on where to get one???

I have tried, but am out of ideas.

thanks for the help

Comments

• kpc_71
    kpc_71 Member Posts: 5
    did you....

look on ebay, craigslist, classifieds?
    Some codes will not allow you to reuse water piping from 1 home to another home let alone a water heater.....kpc
  • chris_24
    thanks

I have tried ebay, and craigslist.

saw a few on ebay I would have purchased, but he insists on used. why?? the price for new is not that expensive, but its not my decision.

I would just pass on this project, except there isn't much work right now, times are lean, and jobs are hard to come by.
  • then he'll just have to wait,

bec it took me a while to find a used one, $250 on ebay, and i'm sure you won't have your choice of brand
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Try Low Energy Systems in Denver

303-781-9437

Ask for Neil Greene.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • joseph annon
    joseph annon Member Posts: 53
    used paloma tankless

Well not heavily used. The had problems with altitude (elevation 6500') would cycle a couple of times then quit. It is set up for propane. Use time is very low. I think that are are several extra parts for the unit. Attempts from the rep trying to make the unit function.
    It is from a customer I looked at doing work and am waiting to hear back from them on the bid for work. If you are interested let me know. I can get model #.
    Joe
    JMMA
  • hey mark, thanks for the tip

low energy systems, scratch and dent
    http://www.tanklesswaterheaters.com/blemlist.html
  • mark ransley
    mark ransley Member Posts: 155

What use will it get, one person, two, or home heating, what btu is needed, tankless sell for new 500 - maybe 3000.00. New has warranty and didnt freeze
  • chris_24
    thanks

for the reply's...

thanks mark, will defenately check out low energy systems.

this will be used for 2 baths, potable, and small section of the house for heating. so the load is not huge, but needs to be able to keep up.

thanks again
    chris
  • World Plumber
    World Plumber Member Posts: 389
    Savings

With the cost of labor. Is it worth it? Ask questions like. Why did they take it out? What problems am I going to have? What will it cost me to get it working right? I haven't been pricing them in the US, but what I paying for them in Europe I wouldn't consider a used one.

Mac
  • mark ransley
    mark ransley Member Posts: 155

Heating and 2 baths,, forget tankless,if you will run two baths at once or a shower and another person uses a sink then in winter all 200,000 btu could be needed for HW. Unless there was a way to automaticly shut down building heat. These are mainly designed for personal HW. What BTU is needed for heating.You wont gain in effecency over a boiler, do you think you will.
This discussion has been closed.