Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mini Camp bummer

John Barba_3
John Barba_3 Member Posts: 30
Thanks to you, as well, Tim. As someone wrote in another thread, you are a class act, one of the best. Let's make a point of getting together this summer!

JMB

Comments

• wetheat1_2
    wetheat1_2 Member Posts: 17
    John Barba gone

Three years ago I went to mini camp 1 at wirsbo and had a great experience. Today I called to talk to John Barba about mini camp 2 and was told that he is no longer employed by uponor. Anyone know when this happened or where he is? Where do we go for top notch radiant training now?
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Uponor

They must be clearing the place out to make room for new non-Wirsbo people? Sometimes I am really curious what goes on behind the scenes. This is one of those times. Will there be Finns manning the phones at Uponor now?
  • Singh_6
    Singh_6 Member Posts: 19
    wow

John , was the best thing about mini-camps. It's Uponor's lost.
    Maybe this is the beginning of the end for Uponor? Still a great product though,
    but can product alone make a great company, with out the people behind it.

Who else has gone?
  • Steven Gronski
    Steven Gronski Member Posts: 98
    Rumor has it.......

John may be taking a position on with Taco in RI, I would like to see that happen..........Hey Johny White.........if your lurkin on the wall and read this.......call JB......he would be a valuable asset to you
    Steve

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steven Gronski
    As long as.........

we dont get sent over seas to some one that you have to press the phone button 10000 times to finally talk to someone that has an accent thats so bad, you can barely understand the english they talk.......

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Wicked Good Ideah

(Said in my best Rhode Island accent). I second that.

Looking forward to meeting John B. and Johnny W. at the Gillette Stadium Oil Heat Cares event and preceding Taco tour next month.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Ya know...

I'm on the wrong side of the country sometimes.
  • If true

it'll go down in history as one of the stranger moves I've ever witnessed. JB is one helluvateacher. A bit revivalist preacher, a bit of an evangelist, a great story-teller, very charasmatic, fun-loving, mischevious, and I'll never forget his version of injection piping to my dying day.

No matter where John lands, the outfit he supports will get a 200% effort and be the better for having him on their team.

No matter how you slice the loyalty pie, its largest portions are doled out based on personal relationships. Folks like JB ensure the major portions go to wherever they reside.

Imagine this scenario: JB ends up at Taco and they team up with Viessmann for a day with JB and Jimmy Mac! They'd be neighbors, after all. The planets would be aligned as never before. Gut-buster protective wraps would be OSHA-mandated for all attendees to protect them from splitting their sides. Education would be so much fun, no one would ever work again!
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Two words

That Sucks.....
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Singh

I, unfortunately, have never had the good fortune to meet JB. If he does land at Taco, maybe I might. But, for sure, Uponor is definately NOT the ONLY great product out there.
    Maybe Ken does have it right; that ( paraphrasing) " Great marketing overcomes inferior engineering". I'm not an Uponor fan and am quite comfortable and confident in the lines with which I am associated. Radiant is becoming big business in this country. The bigger the business,the smaller the loyalty.

Who's to say there isn't another JB, or better, on the horizon. Nothing is cast in stone, except our head stones.

Jed
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Did I read somewhere

that John is a training consultant for Uponor. Or am I making that up?

Maybe a view from the outside in will be better for all involved.

Sure be nice to spread that great talent around the industry.

I doubt Barba sits still for very long :)So much singing to do so little time.

hot rod

• Singh_6
    Singh_6 Member Posts: 19
    Jed

I understand your position. I have installed others also, Never said the Only great product out there.
    But however, I'm in the minority, in that I'm very loyal to certain brands if possible, and it has little to do with price, its not my money. : )

Devan
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Jeez Louise....

this does make one wonder the possible life expectancy of Wirsbo with the "family" bailing :(

i hope The Ladies aren't next ,the fire sprinkler, the R&D and I.T. departments...this just does not sound good at all.

to me, they are the company..i wonder if the many very cool people in the factory are bailing too...
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    I had heard

rumblings about this happening. How Sad for Uponor and how lucky for Taco ro any company smart enought to grab him. Hell, I wish Milne P+H was big enough :)

Johns enthusiasm for the trades is unparreled. He is a national treasure. He's ..... He's ..... He's better than Angelina Jolie and .... and TOMKAT ya thats the ticket ......

Looking forward to GIllette Stadium.

Scott

• John Barba_3
    Angelina Jolie?

I'm flattered, I think....

Just to confirm, yes, I have left Uponor to take a position with Taco as Residential Product Trainer and Contractor Program Manager. I start Monday.

This is going to be exciting! Taco is a great company that really cares about the contractor, and they offered me a wonderful opportunity. The Gillette Stadium event will serve as the kickoff for a new and exciting experience. Not to mention another Super Bowl season!!!

Thanks for all the sentiment -- and now let's get ready to ROCK!!!
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    John you are the best, BUT

Yo sho ain't no Angelina Jolie, not even in the Bruins jersey! You still owe me a CD. Now it looks like I have to take the Taco class. Will you be back in New England? Guess things aren't so good in "Happy Valley" Good luck you monster of the industry... Taco?

*** Looks like Steve Z will have to conduct the class
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    So,

who else wants to join us at Gillette to get John started off right with our friends at Taco?

Retired and loving it.
  • ScottMP
    O.K. so

He's more like the Olson Twins ...... The really messed up one :)

Hey a swing and a HIT for Taco.

Good for them and for John and Certainly good for the Trade.

Now you can go see some Pats,Bruins,Celtics and THE SOX !!

Scott

• John Barba_3
    Put the Olsen twins together...

...and I still think I have 30 pounds on 'em! This might be the first time in my life I've been compared to twin female anorexic child stars....

Can't wait to see Dice-K and the gyro-ball!

Hey Rick -- picked up something this week that you might like -- a USB turntable! Turns the stax of wax into digital audio files. It's freakin' amazing! Check it out...

http://www.ion-audio.com

JMB
  • Tim Doran_4
    Tim Doran_4 Member Posts: 138
    Good Luck John

Hey John, good luck in the new role. Working with you was a blast and I really learned a bunch. You taught me what it is to be a trainer and helped me develop skills I never knew I had. Thanks for everything!!! I guess I'll be using more green pumps now. Give me a call when your comming into work with Wales Darby. Maybe we can get a dinner and trade war stories.

Tim D.
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    Welcome Home John!

Be careful because we in MA know those RI people can't drive. hehehe John@Reliable
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    I'm with Singh and ........................................

Although I never had the priviledge of training with Mr Barba, his stature is legendary among people I respect. I'm sure he'll pop up somewhere. Mad Dog

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Congrats John

Taco looks good by picking up your services. Great move on their part. I was reminded of mini camp the other day, when I heard an old blues song on the radio called "Lick it, and Stick it." only they weren't singing about fitting assemblys. LOL. Good luck on your endeavor. WW

• Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    congratulations!

See you at Gillette. .... Ruthe
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Actually

we gave our worst drivers to Connecticut. RI got second choice. But they still call us Massholes. ;)

Welcome back, John. Life is good. Taco is life.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Tim Doran_4
    Tim Doran_4 Member Posts: 138
    Sounds good to me

Hoepfully more than once. If you get to the Island of Long I can probably scrounge up a bit of fresh sea food. Maybe a lobsta or three, a few clams, stripped bass, we'll find something. Talk to ya soon.

Tim D.
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Congrats John!!

I will never forget minicamp with you, Wes, Tim, and my buddy Wayco many moons ago.

Is Wes still there? So much for going to Minnesota to see big JB. Hey guys if there is any comparison to be made with a celebrity it would have to be Robin Williams....comical genius!

I guess I will have to consider using green water movers after so many years of burgundy...

Cosmo
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    There

hasn't been this much love on the wall since "Bring back the Bean".

Sounds much deserved-all the best Mr. JB.

Jack
  • Steven Gronski
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyy!

> Thanks to you, as well, Tim. As someone wrote in

> another thread, you are a class act, one of the

> best. Let's make a point of getting together this

> summer!

>

> JMB

• Steven Gronski
    Hey John?

Does this mean your gonna be back in town now,and i have to give up one of my season tickets for you so you can see the Pats, or are you still hanging in Minni for a while ,and enjoying your empty luxury box seat with the Vikings?(hahahahha)

Steve

• Let's just hope

Ginger and Maryanne go along for the new & improved contractor training at Taco!(G).
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    I saw John a couple times

once with Ellen. This was before they even had the new training facility. I still remember, use, (and even quote) some of the things I learned. For example, all things are NOT equal, and that Ralph Waldo Emerson was the dumbest man that ever lived...
    Thanks John, and I DO like the TACO stuff... HEY! wouldn't it be a great idea if they would spend millions of dollars to change their whole identity now that they have so much name recognition with their loyal contractors and the public? Preferably to something that no-one has heard of or can even pronounce without a very expensive and extensive marketing blitzkrieg. Maybe you could mention that to them. Kevin
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    name

Kevin,
    Maybe I missed something here. What are you talking about?jw
  • John@Reliable_13
    John@Reliable_13 Member Posts: 34
    Johnny, I think he's referring to the other co \"up.......\"

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 177
    Tim, if you find good fresh seafood on Long Island

Do share the name of the restaurant.

I miss it.

Noel
  • John Barba_3
    Had to read that one twice...

...clevah, Mr. Pulvah.

John Barba, Taco

(feels good to write that!)
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Wow!

looks good to read it, too. ... Ruthe
  • Frank Bailor
    Frank Bailor Member Posts: 1
    Good Bye and Good Luck to John Barba!

John:

from one Uponor-Wirsbo casualty to another, there is life after Uponor (thank God! and not surprized!)

good luck to you at Taco...who seem like they are still thinking clearly unlike my & your former employer.

Frank B.
  • ScottMP
    Johnny

I think it was a Tongue in Cheek Joke. I actually thought it was pretty funny and No Comment on Taco !

Scott

• Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    John

The Icon! congratulations! A new chapter. Taco is smart. Enjoy the new direction. I'm sure it will be a trip for everyone involved. As I stated before any company is only as good as it's parts. It's main asset is it's employees. The quality team assembled and clicking together is what brings any company value. Lose that and you have a bunch of parts. So does all the competition. This industry is always in flux. It's always curious to see who wins and loses assets and margins. Glad you landed on your feet running. Taco is the winner here.
This discussion has been closed.