Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grundfos Handbook

heatguy
heatguy Member Posts: 102
the second edition is a great booklet the first was a little weak

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Grundfos Handbook

I recently received a rally nice "Grundfos Handbook". You all would like it. Try www.grundfos.us/handbook and see if you can sign up for it. It is a 98 pg, 4x6 piece with a ton of good info.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Grundfos book

Waiting for mine to arrive, how long did it take for you to receive it?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    It's good. but

the negativity towards zone valves is a bit of a turn-off.I know they're selling pumps.......
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    That surprises you?

I can't imagine zone valve manufacturer's pushing pumps or furnace manufacturer's pushing boilers. It's a guide for their products. My surprise is that you're surprised. I only wished they mentioned WILO, now that would have been fun. They sell pumps...
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    But

they're also selling ECM pumps,do they think multiple ECM pumps will go on very many residential jobs? I'm not surprised,it just ticks me off when they call a sales pitch education
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Synergy

I can imagine zone valve manufacturers pushing "a" pump; to boost sales, don'tcha know.

Jed
  • scott337
    scott337 Member Posts: 38
    Its about energy savings

the book is about energy savings.
    if you use an ecm pump (they wont mention Wilo the same way taco doesn't mention Grundfos) it will save energy.
    using zones valves, great! using radiant-great! because the pump self adjusts to the zones/thermal actuators opening/closing resulting in no need for by pass, etc.

Zoneing with Circs? Expensive out of the gate but when you compare a conventional pump at 87watts v. an ecm pump at 15watts it makes you think.

especially since 70 % of your customers are probably running around changing their light bulbs from 100/60/40 watts to the cfc's that use 10/8/6 watts.

Save energy. Use the ALPHA
  • targetman
    targetman Member Posts: 105

What is the promo code?
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Todd

if in USA use 18120
    canada 48120
  • I`m interested,

but it`s a different link if in Canada.
    Probably get looked-into as fast as anything Heat-Link does.
    Some outfits seem so independent they have no-need for us "little guys".

Dave
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    code

I typed in my zip code and it said i was good to go, if I dont receive the book Ill try the code that Rick mentioned
This discussion has been closed.