Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

home hot-water radiator valve repacking/refurbishing

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Also I am sure in your neck of the woods there would be a plating company to re plate. I have had regular cast bronze valves nickel plated and wow are they nice. Tim

Comments

• Steve Tanton
    Steve Tanton Member Posts: 2
    hot water radiator valves

I'm looking for a professional firm (U.S.) to repack and refurbish hot water radiator valves - early 1920's Honeywell continuous circulating valves. They definitely need "repacking" and a bit of clean-up. Keeping the original valves is important for maintaining aesthetics and originality in our 1920's Georgian Colonial home. Please email ASAP!!!!!
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

I'll bet that is a pretty standard packing bushing in there, just inside the top nut under the handle. You can likely add some string packing to make them stop leaking and turn them a couple times a year to exercise them. My local supplier is online at

http://www.m-onespecialties.com/default.asp

Tim

Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Tom R.
    Tom R. Member Posts: 139
    Packing

Nothing special about those valves as far as packing goes. Remove the gland nut and follower, and measure the existing packing that you take out for a replacement. A good teflon packing will last another lifetime in there. Also, your local Plumber should be able to do the work.
  • Lee Graves
    Lee Graves Member Posts: 1
    Radiator Valves

I have the same type of circulating hot-water radiator valves as you do. I have three radiators now with this problem. Local plumbers have been of no help so far. Have you found anyone to do a repair or replacement of your radiator valves?

Thank you,

Lee Graves
  • You should post your

location, or look under "Find a Pro" on this web site.
    Thanks, Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.