Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

home hot-water radiator valve repacking/refurbishing

tim smithtim smith Posts: 2,275Member
Also I am sure in your neck of the woods there would be a plating company to re plate. I have had regular cast bronze valves nickel plated and wow are they nice. Tim

Comments

• Steve TantonSteve Tanton Posts: 2Member
    hot water radiator valves

I'm looking for a professional firm (U.S.) to repack and refurbish hot water radiator valves - early 1920's Honeywell continuous circulating valves. They definitely need "repacking" and a bit of clean-up. Keeping the original valves is important for maintaining aesthetics and originality in our 1920's Georgian Colonial home. Please email ASAP!!!!!
  • TimcoTimco Posts: 2,905Member

I'll bet that is a pretty standard packing bushing in there, just inside the top nut under the handle. You can likely add some string packing to make them stop leaking and turn them a couple times a year to exercise them. My local supplier is online at

http://www.m-onespecialties.com/default.asp

Tim

Technical Support Manager, HTP Comfort Solutions.
  • Tom R.Tom R. Posts: 139Member
    Packing

Nothing special about those valves as far as packing goes. Remove the gland nut and follower, and measure the existing packing that you take out for a replacement. A good teflon packing will last another lifetime in there. Also, your local Plumber should be able to do the work.
  • Lee GravesLee Graves Posts: 1Member
    Radiator Valves

I have the same type of circulating hot-water radiator valves as you do. I have three radiators now with this problem. Local plumbers have been of no help so far. Have you found anyone to do a repair or replacement of your radiator valves?

Thank you,

Lee Graves
  • You should post your

location, or look under "Find a Pro" on this web site.
    Thanks, Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!