Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

a or b furnace nozzle

Better post this one on the main section of The Wall so all the oil smart-guys can help.

Comments

• a= hollow cone spray pattern
    B=solid cone spray pattern.
    interchangeable? necessary adjustments to use B instead of A?
    possible consequences from using B in place of A?
    thanx
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    required

if u look at ur label on ur furnace it may tell u which one is required. most times a manufacturer will spend a lot of time deciding which nozzle is the best for that model then a guy comes along with 2 nozzles on his truck and screws up the whole thing i have been in basements where there is literly 6 or more different type nozzles and spray patterens a's b's w's 60 degreee 80 degree ect. you get the point so get a guide and use the one the manufactuer asks for. royboy
  • Ed_26
    Ed_26 Member Posts: 284
    nozzles

Hello again, pook. A nozzle is best used as specified by mfg. However, that said, a hollow spray nozzle can give a 'quieter', or less noisy flame(or burn) for a given burner/combustion chamber combo. The best scenario is to set up with a combustion analyzer to achieve optimum efficiency. Here again, a pro is required.

• thanx ed. i called an oilman & he mentioned the noise too. dont use the thing very much & i havent changed the nozzle in years . its an old 1750 rpm burner which i adjust by eyeing the flame like an oilman showed me years ago.dont forget my other post.
This discussion has been closed.