Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

a or b furnace nozzle

carol_3carol_3 Member Posts: 397
Better post this one on the main section of The Wall so all the oil smart-guys can help.

Comments

• a= hollow cone spray pattern
    B=solid cone spray pattern.
    interchangeable? necessary adjustments to use B instead of A?
    possible consequences from using B in place of A?
    thanx
  • burnerman_2burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    required

if u look at ur label on ur furnace it may tell u which one is required. most times a manufacturer will spend a lot of time deciding which nozzle is the best for that model then a guy comes along with 2 nozzles on his truck and screws up the whole thing i have been in basements where there is literly 6 or more different type nozzles and spray patterens a's b's w's 60 degreee 80 degree ect. you get the point so get a guide and use the one the manufactuer asks for. royboy
  • Ed_26Ed_26 Member Posts: 284
    nozzles

Hello again, pook. A nozzle is best used as specified by mfg. However, that said, a hollow spray nozzle can give a 'quieter', or less noisy flame(or burn) for a given burner/combustion chamber combo. The best scenario is to set up with a combustion analyzer to achieve optimum efficiency. Here again, a pro is required.

• thanx ed. i called an oilman & he mentioned the noise too. dont use the thing very much & i havent changed the nozzle in years . its an old 1750 rpm burner which i adjust by eyeing the flame like an oilman showed me years ago.dont forget my other post.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!