Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

giannoni absolute condense

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,103
Thanks for the defence Brad and i'm not offend by spicoli at all .i'll try to use some periods just remenber i'm only public school hi school ed at it's worse but that was my own fault. Thanks for that down load Noel it looks as if it is the giaconni absoulte ,i just fiqured HTP would be first to bring to the market in the states .As i thought the contender just used hpde for the mainifold section header instead stainless but i could be wrong i have not used the contender yet i did not dig the only 3 to 1 modulation .The point i was trying to make is i see alot of munchkin bashing but on another thought i see praise to NTI,smith GT line and a bunch of other who basically use the smae HE and burner but yet differt controllers beside s the controller there basically the same except the price tag also .I have about 6 munchkins out there that i installed and at least a dozen that i have installed for plumber buddies of mine .I have yet to see a heat exchanger as dirty as some that have been posted here espically all the so called mouse turds and between all of them just about every possible confrigeration of appproved venting also .my personal thoughts are the turds are from the fuel source , air containments ,re circ or lack of proper set up .But getting back to my main question what's the real thoughts about this secondary air exchanger and as the document Noel attached has anyone yet installed one and what was there opions on this added exchanger to the classic heat exchanger and does it do as giaconni says which always condensateion during hi temp domestic water production and of course lower sounds levels .thansk peace and good luck clammy PS i'll work on the grammar.
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• clammy
    giaconni absolute condenser

Well as much bashing i see HTP munchkin get around here and all the praise that other manafactures get who use the same exact heat exchanger and burner made by company that they re bag have all of a sudden is become excellent really makes no sense to me therer still giaconni sp heat exchangers and burners ,but the real question is when is the next level of giaconni sp absoulte condenser going to be distrubited in the states by who ever throws there name on it first being where only getting the classic and now the duo heat exchanger when are these next level of giaconni heat exchangers going to be released one being the condense and the absoulte i believe that the absoulte is of a impressive air to air pre heat exhaust exchanger to me very interesting ,and for all the bashing just remenber who was one of the first to go out on a limb and open the us market to mod cons before they all jumped on board (us companies only )am i right in thinking that the absoulte condenser is may be the next level in mod con for every body who cannot afford the big orange V or buderus Gb142 nothing against them but at the prices i and my mechincal and plumbing buddies get there ain't a chance in hell any body in the imcome bracket we commonly deal with would evev pay unless i was to do the install for about nothing ,also i'm not in a ghetto market ,i live in one of the most expensive counties in new jersey with some of the highest taxes in the country .All aside i.m waiting for some more HTP and probaly soem giaconni abuse but what's the real thoughts on the absoulte peace clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Wow

That's a very long sentence. Are you asking a question? Are you making a statement? Maybe working on some punctuation or correct spelling would help get your message/question/thought across.
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    We all

communicate differently, Spicoli. Stream of consciousness, mis-spellings, run-on sentences, lack of punctuation... but so what?

Clammy is an able tradesman with a huge heart. Not that he needs defending, but your approach shows a lack of tact if not lack of class in my book.

If you really wanted to be helpful then that is what off-line communication is for. I am responding publicly for at least some sense of balance and fairness.

To openly and publicly critique beyond the technical has a touch of the bully, from what I can see.

My @0.02
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Contender

Hi Clammy,

I thought that the Munchkin Contender was using the Absolute Condense heat exchanger already. This is the composite one, I think? Can't use them here in MI, no ASME stamp. Bummer,seem to be very affordable.
    Ross
  • Knocking on my wooden head but,,,

that Munchkin T-50 I put in is still chugging away. I am VERY curious to open it up come springtime to see what's inside. I'm actually going there shortly for a meeting with the guy on another project, so I'm sure I'll stop in and say hello to it.
  • Clammy, you mean this one?

Laars Neotherm

Noel
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    OK Brad

Chill out there, my man. I like clammy, I like his posts and I am interested in what he has to say. He is sometimes hard to understand. I'm not the first one to call him on that.

I'll apologize to clammy, I meant no offense to him.

You, Brad, need to chill out, drink decaf, loosen up the undies a tad.

I'd still like to know what he was getting at, because he does post some good stuff.
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    I be chillin, Spicoli

OK, we are cool. I am the last person said to be high strung... and as far as undies, well maybe I go commando once in a while :)

Sorry to take you to task, just that I too love Clammy's posts. And yours too.
  • 1bourbon
    1bourbon Member Posts: 25
    wow

Is it just me, or has the quality of installation manuals improved 1000% over the past couple years?

The piping diagrams in this one (as well as a bunch of the other modcon manufacturers) are really nice.
  • clammy
    noe therm not absoulte but duo

Noel thanks for the down load but from a half hearted look at it seems that this is a giaconni duo heat exchanger and not the absolute ,the absoulte has a primary air to final exhaust heat exchanger which supposely lower exhaust temp while rising combustion air inlet temp which should lower exhaust temps .is this a newer dungs valve for i see that it is equipted with a high and low gas valve adjustmnet which sounds like a great step up over trying to get the best of both worlds from one adjustment parameter.thanks again for the info ,also Brad i had your e mail address but some how lost froma computer crash ,here's mine RDEUZA@aol.com have a few off line question that you may be able to clear up for me thansk to all peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    I've got BRAD'S \"back\" Spicoli............................

If you got a problem with him....one with me too....ahhhheyeght????????? Go back in the van with Sean Penn and hit the bong. Just having fun, but Brad is a righteous friend...never met clammy, but he is a trip ain;t he. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ted G
    Ted G Member Posts: 63
    Giannoni web site

They have a nice web site.

http://www.giannoni.fr/index.php

• clammy
    closer look

Ross you are correct it certainly looks like the absoulte condenser heat exchanger ,i really wonder why they only offer these with a 3 to 1 turndown as the 4 to 1 on the munchkin ,thanks for bringing it to my attention ,i like to give one of them a try but things being what they are nothing is selling unless your doing it for a days pay,things are getting very cut throat when it get slow .Thanks again peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
This discussion has been closed.