Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

p-h calculator

I was in you're class on saturday may 20. I would like you to calculate my findings so I can check to see if I did them correctly. I am working on a 5 ton rooftop AC. The head pressure is 250 the suctin pressure is 55 The liquid line temperture is 85 and the suction line temperture is 53. Can you send me the results on what you get so I can compare what I came up with Thank You.

Comments

• scott snyder
    scott snyder Member Posts: 2
    check my claculations p-h calculator

I was in you're class on saturday may 20. I would like you to calculate my findings so I can check to see if I did them correctly. I am working on a 5 ton rooftop AC. The head pressure is 250 the suction pressure is 55 The liquid line temperture is 85 and the suction line temperture is 53. Can you send me the results on what you get so I can compare what I came up with Thank You.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    p-h

Scott, what are your indoor and outdoor temps?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Thoughts

Like techman stated, more info would be nice. It almost sounds like you are under charged and dirty condenser coil. Besides temps in & out, what metering device do you have? If you have the older style Bryant RTU, they usually have the double pass coil which MUST be separated to clean! Cleaning just the outer coil will not work, thus my diagnosis. I really cannot tell w/o ambiant temps.

Mike T.
  • don_163
    don_163 Member Posts: 67
    What am i missing.

I'm seeing high subcool temps and high superheat readings.

Could it be a mild day or clogged cap tubes?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Don

I can see your point, but without more info it's all just a guess. Especiall with say 65-70* outside, I think the head is hi.

Mike T.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Suction line Temp

Are we dealing with a package unit, Scott, as with the others we discussed?

Is it safe to assume that the evaporator outlet temperature and the compressor inlet temperatur are prety close to being the same?

R-22 right? (I hope)

If so, it still looks like we have a liquid line restriction, which could include an underfeeding metering device.
This discussion has been closed.