Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless WBV Trouble

GaryDidier
GaryDidier Member Posts: 229
Chris, when downfiring the beckett to .85 you might benefit by installing the F-3 head. This would be more appropriate for your firing rate and would give a slight improvement to combustion and efficiency. You could then try a .75 if your heat load would allow it. The nice thing about the Beckett is the ease of changing the firing rate. By doing this I can generally achieve 85-86% efficiency.

Gary from Granville

Comments

• Chris Williams_5
    Chris Williams_5 Member Posts: 4

I have a Peerless WBV-04 with a .85/80*B Delevan, F4, 3 3/8" Static Plate. In measuring this unit is only about 73% effificent and the CO2 never gets above 5%, O2 is about 14%. The manufacture shows that the low fire bafle isnt needed so its not installed. Minor adjustments dont seem to make much of a change, so I think that there is something else wrong. Pump pressure is 140psi, it is a beckett AFG. Any tips or items to check would be apreciated.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Leaks?

Between boiler sections wiil cause low CO2,take a CO2 reading over fire. More than likely your analyzer is incorrect,check it on another unit or check the unit in question with another analyzer

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Back to Basics

Go back to basics. Set all the settings at the beginning point from the install manual. Take it from there. Also you didn't give draft readings.

Leo
  • Chris Williams_5
    Chris Williams_5 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks be to heating help yet again!

Thanks for pointing me back to my fyrite tech 60, upon closer inspection I had a hairline crack near the sensor probe. A little jbweld, and my numbers are now...

CO 50PPM
    O2 4.7%
    85.2% EFFICIENT
    425*F
    CO2 12.1
    EX AIR 26.9

Not perfect, and needs some tuning, but certainly much better! Thank you again for the advice.

Chris
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    hmmm

I doubt you can do better than that on that boiler with that size nozzle . Probably a touch more at .75 watch your c02 isn't too high you've got to leave some margin for crappy oil etc.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.