Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Convert from S/W to strait heat.Honeywell R8182

Options
Only that the boiler water is always hot, the tempeture is set between 160-180.and the thermostat controls the circulator.Iwant to install a freestanding water heater and use the boiler just for heat.

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Honeywell R8182H

Want to convert boiler from summer winter hookup to strait heat.What wires do I jump out or switch
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

I looked at the wiring/installation instructions for the R8182 and didn't see anything about summer/winter. Can you tell me more?
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Options
    Smokey

My guess is that your boiler has been sitting around for a few years @ 160*, if you try going cold styart now you are likely to find water dripping from the boiler where it contracted and hasn''t done so in years, I would sujest you just turn it down to 130 and see what happens if it drips you can turn it up ten degrees at a time until you hit the magic number.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Member Posts: 3
    Options

No, my boiler runs every day,for heating and hot water trough a domestic water coil.What I want to do is use the boiler only for heating in the winter and not have it running all year.I'll get my hot water from a seperate hot water heater
This discussion has been closed.