Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

kitec pipe

I liked the PAP for retrofit water pipe jobs in older houses.<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Mark_7
    Mark_7 Member Posts: 123
    kitec pipe

Got the info from my kitec rep that there stopping production of pex-al-pex for domestic water use. Will only make pex for dom. use. But will stil make orange p-a-p for heating only.
  • Richard Miller_3
    Richard Miller_3 Member Posts: 61

Is this a Kitec only problem?

More details please!
  • rich pickering
    rich pickering Member Posts: 277

Look for black spotting or staining "inside" the pipe. Then look for bulges in the pipe. Especially on recirc lines.
  • aaron_4
    aaron_4 Member Posts: 42
    kitec pipe

I have replaced alot of this type of pap up here in seattle. Yes, it starts to develop black spots and then bulge and start to leak. I have see this pipe in 168 unit complex up here and I let the maintance know that it has black spots all over it. They connect to hydro air units in the condos from the GSW waterheaters. If you cut the pipe at the black spot the aluminum is all white kind of like salt on it.
  • Chuck Waters
    Chuck Waters Member Posts: 10
    PlumbBetter XPA

Gentlemen,

Sorry to report that the real reason is not nearly as colorful as the previous posts but it is simply economics. We had a premium product in a commodity business and our costs caught up with our returns.

This is a phase-out situation and all pipe manufactured up to December 01 and sold thereafter is fully certified and waranteed.

IPEX will now be able to fully focus on our more competitive PlumbBetter PEX pipe and fittings in plumbing, and will continue to aggressively pursue both WarmRite PEX-AL-PEX and our new 5 layer barrier PEX in heating.

Please don't hesitate to call us with further questions.
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458

supposedly cost. contractors didn't want to spend the extra pennies for pap over pex.
  • lee_7

Just spend big bucks on fittings and tools to use your product. and now what???? Can we get refund on fittings as I will be changing brands to get pex al pex for domestic use?? Not a happy camper with stock I can no longer use.
  • Chuck Waters
    Chuck Waters Member Posts: 10

Please call your local rep. We have a lot of products that we wish to sell you for a long time so our preference is to find a way to keep you a happy camper.
  • John_162
    John_162 Member Posts: 35

If you want happy campers why didn't you take care of the problems out west before they sued you?
  • Richard Miller_3

Was this specifically Kitec?
  • John_162

Yes
  • Richard Miller_3

I asked Aaron a question. If you presume to answer for Aaron then you need to give your credentials for doing so. Otherwise I will wait for Aaron to answer me.
  • John_162

Just go here. why do i need credentials to prove it when its all over the web.

http://www.plumbingdefect.com/index.html

• Richard,
    If your question was directed to Aaron, you could have posted it in a better place and actually addressed him. Your question was asked in general and not to anyone specific.
    Take it easy.
  • Richard Miller_3

Hey, I replied to Aaron's post. You jumped the gun and assumed it was a general question. Chill and all is cool OK?
  • Richard Miller_3

You answered a question specifically directed to Aaron. If you presume to speak for Aaron then you need to have some credentials why you can answer with knowledge about the specific pipe and the specific job he referenced. That's all. But hey, relax. It's all cool man.
  • rich pickering
    Chuck

Will the pex be warrantied when used as a recirc line?

Do we have to wait for current pipe to fail before we can claim warranty, or will signs of deterioration be enough?
  • aaron_4
    aaron_4 Member Posts: 42
    Richard Miller

Hello Richard, Yes this was Kitec PAP pipe.
  • Mark_7
    Kitec

Didn't anybody read the install limitations on water quality before they installed kitec?
  • rich pickering

> Didn't anybody read the install limitations on

> water quality before they installed kitec?

Nothing wrong with our water.
  • Richard Miller_3

Thanks Aaron.

And this was a tubing failure, not a fitting system failure?
  • lee_7

are you stillgoing to be makink p-a-p for domestic water in rolls? If not, you can't make me happy
  • Mark_7
    kitec

This problem looks like a water quality problem to me.Thats why the plastic fittings came out.Can blame this on the manufacture.
  • Richard Miller_3
    EXFiXto6

Can or can't?

And how is the water quality affecting Kitec?

Is there any Kitec failures say in NM or CO?
This discussion has been closed.