Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige, any problems seen

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Just checking with all to see if any problems have been cropping up with the Prestige Solo boilers. I have 2 going in next week and just keeping aprised. Thanks, Tim.

Comments

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    As a Supplier

maybe 70 have been sold, no complaints yet
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    As a contractor

no mechanical issues at all with the Prestige.

Some install tips:

Make your piping connections to the unit BEFORE you hang it. Tough getting wrenches in afterwards.

I recommend SJO wire for the high voltage wiring(if code allows)Solid wire is a PITA on any of the Euro boilers

If I think of any others, I'll post 'em.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith
    wiring

Mark, we only use stranded on all our control wiring. Makes life much easier and tidy. Lots of crimp fork connectors. I like the Prestige and this is our 2nd and 3rd one of this mfr. Thanks for the input, Tim
  • Boilerpro_5
    Boilerpro_5 Member Posts: 407
    Just one 05 code

which went away when the control was reset. I just found this out a few days ago and am waiting for any detailed info on this from Triangle. Otherwise the 6 I have in are working great. I just wish the piping would arrive straighter on the units...sometimes its more than a little cocked, but is typically easily straightened. I really think we have a workhorse here....something more abuse resistant than the other options out there and with a long life.... The "New Cast Iron boiler".

Boilerpro

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Nice

be sure to use two wrenches when screwing on to the connections. Very soft copper due to the silver soldered connections inside.

On the small ones I cut off the threaded adapters and solder on my connection. On the 175 I use the B&G threaded iso valve flange to make my first connection. With the handle removed it just screws on to the threaded connections. Gives up a shut off and a good starting point for piping.

I'm not real impressed with the quality of the piping workmandship inside the boiler, but it works.

Weil used steel pipe inside the Ultras. A bit neater and more solid to build from.

hot rod

• tim smith
    Thanks for the replies guy's. Tim

This discussion has been closed.