Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

munchkin t80 install (clammy)

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,103
Just finished this one up it was a real clammy job did it solo .Been doing for others but not the clam way completely always short of perfect.I have to go back for a few odds and ends running the outdoor sensor and collecting the check .To save a little time it pre fabed the panel and dis assembled to get to the job mounted it and just tightened the unions all in all it took about 3 days .The original mono flow system with recessed convectors had been butched with baseboard loops taken off for the 2 nd floor which never worked so i seperated them and ran 1/2 pex to each drop and made alittle manifold heated up perfect.Besides a vision one kit i also used the v500 termation kit ,i also left pervisions for a indirect tank 2 1 1/4 tee with plugs ,i will be very interested with there new gas bill as it gets colder there highest bill last year was 450 bucks for one month but i know for sure the systems was air bound for the secoind floor .I also ran all new t/stat wires and a new stat for the second floor i think i could have done better on the time though but i 'm getting old and well i have always been slow if ya know waht i mean .peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    AWSOME!

Where'd ya' get the yellow gas pipe???

Beautiful install Clammy.

We have a few T-80's out there as well. 58 pounds!!!

I sold a T-50 today. HTP has that smaller market locked up.

Again, a work of art.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Clammy , just beautiful

I have to say first that the blue panel jumps right at you , it's so striking . And the yellow gas line looks great . To get all that piping straight and level , easily accessible AND going where it has to go without crossing over other pipes is pure genius . Really , really amazing job , Clammy .
  • whats in the bucket?

nice install, very compact.

is the bucket a homemade condensate neutralizer?
  • clammy
    thanks

Thanks for the kind words i try to give my custermers the best that i can do even though you some times just kinda break even ,the hrdest parts where tieing into and cutting and capping the old mono flow some body cut in they soffit 2/3 of the basement and notched the firing some they could have more space in which case i was just able to cut the copper and get cap on it trying to cut them out would have been a real project plus i already know the second floor will have promblems being the HO daughter had hardwood flooring put down and there's about a 1/2 inch of space from the cover to the floor her fault she is cheap so she will freeze stupid .There soem other repairs that they want me to do since i m the first
    mech there paying to do work in there home every body else has been hacks and has ripped them off with very poor quality work there bath was remodeled over a year ago toilet flang has been leaking since it was done the t&g floor is nearly rotted no top hat shower devertors was installed wrong and has been unable to be used because the guy for got to solder the shower riser so they need to get alot of hacked in stuff fixed ,Thanks for the kind words and yes that bucket is a home made neutralizer tank with marble chips .Thanks again peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • lund
    lund Member Posts: 25

Clammy,
    Outstanding job. I love to see boiler piping pic's.

Thanks for sharing

Lund
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    install

Nice install clammy. We have be doing something similar. Our latest boiler repipe we built the supply manifold ahead of time. We also had the new Twkmar 260 and relays installed first. Then, transition day went very well. I'm also thinking more prepackaged things like buderus pump stations etc.

BTW, the condensate bucket, is it made of PVC?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Nice work Clammy

Nice and neat and well layed out. You can tell alot of thought went into it.

Scott

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    And

Along with being a nice neat install he also gave thought to the tech who has to come in for any future issue's. All those shutoff's!!! Awsome job Clammy.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    well done Clammy

To get all of that done in 3 days is impressive. You must work like a buzz saw. :) Be sure you are charging enough for this top notch work. WW

• clammy
    Thanks to all

Thank you for all the kind words ,the bucket is made of plastic i haven't had any promblems with them this is about the 5 or 6 one i have made of this stlye they seem to work well no leaking .I think i used to work like a buzz saw but i still haven't changed my style which is to work and not lolligag about come to the job completely prepared with everything you need and don't leave no breaks no nothing just work knock things off the list and before you know it it's done and it's cleanup time .I have always believed that alot of guys get overwhelmed looking to much ahead not seeing what's in front of them over whelmed by the amount of stuff that has to be doen it's a real defeates view in my view every job is like a fight and i know who's winning ain't no doubt in my mind and it's not arrogent it's just the clammy plus i work long days most don't i usually do at least 10 to 12 hours days that's the work part. Again thank you all for the extremely kind words i always stay humble with the super quality work that you guys put out it always amazes me and puts things into perspective and to our excellent host Mr Dan peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Brad White_127
    Brad White_127 Member Posts: 3
    SUPER install!

Reads like a diagaram and in color too! I like the yellow strainer too. Really nice touch. I am inspired. Your pride shows.
  • Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203

Clammy that is some top notch work! That's a lot of work in three days my friend.
  • Mark_46
    Mark_46 Member Posts: 312
    Clammy

You're like a mad scientist with pipe.

I think I'd like to have you repipe my Munchy, your jobs are that neat.
This discussion has been closed.