Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

no heat in the house

Options
Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
I have a crystal ball. it is unfortunately in my shop truck at the momment. However lets make sure there is power from the circuit breaker to the heating equipment,fuel available to allow it to run, and some more information as to what type of heat is currently installed and it's fuel of choise.

Comments

• john_112
    john_112 Member Posts: 12
    Options

why is there no heat in the house??
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Options
    Not being there

to check electronics it is probably air bound, not being able to see the system I can't tell you why call the last guy whom woeked on it.
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    No Heat

Without knowing what type of system, I would suggest contacting your source of fuel. They may have a service department or names of service contractors. Hope this helps.
  • bigugh_4
    bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Because the \"Heat\" have not been called, Look under \"Police\" and

try that #
  • scrook_2
    scrook_2 Member Posts: 610
    Options
    see: \"air vent on my boiler\" below

See his earlier post below. He's having a bad day today.

(Tomorrow should be better I hope John!)

John's boiler air vent is leaking, and his boiler bressure is down to ~6 psi, he recently(?) had x-tank, aquastat & circ changed. It appears the radiators/baseboards are airbound and needs to be purged plus it is not clear how much water is currently in his boile, hense recommendation to shut its power down till a service guy could look at it and replace the vent, refill & purge.

Speculating: the air bind is due to air coming out of replacement water following circ/tank change (+ from makeup water due to air vent leak?)
This discussion has been closed.