Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

YES

Options
John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
Love is like a rock.

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Saturday Morning

in the office alone, no calls, no questions and I've got YES cranking on the stereo ( oh wait its a CD player now )

"Close to the edge, down by the river "

I use to love these guys, still do.

" I'll be the roundabout ... "

" In and around the lake, Moutains come out of the sky ... "

I saw them about four times, Great Musicians. For you youngsters, this is back when musicians could actually play instruments.

Whats in your cd player ? ( should be an ad on TV )

Scott " starship trooper " Milne

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Ha!

Rock on Scott. When I want to rock out I go back to the Crosby Stills Nash and Young live album, 4 Way Street. Put on the Southern man jam, and break out my air guitar. How long, how long, baaaack. Twaaang. Them old hippies could rock. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Thats

A GREAT ALBUM .... I need that on CD.

Theres today purchase, thanks Wayne :)

Carry On !

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Wow its 4 a.m. again*~/:)

How time flew , who would guess it would be 2005 one day ...today could go long if i am to get anything done...

in the mornings the kamakazi pilots arent on the road maybe i t willl be a good thing one day .our population around here has turned all the roads to pavement in a scant 35 years... just remembering all the moose trails they used to call roads....:)
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    The revealing science of god

Dawn of light.............

Great band, saw them at Nassau Colosseum in the round and other times.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Jeremy_3
    Jeremy_3 Member Posts: 13
    Options

got the Stones Beggars Banquet going to be followed by The Who - Then & Now 1964-2004
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    A blast from the past

Yes songs remind me of a Canadian gal I used to date when I lived in the Buffalo area :) Thanks, now I will have that song in my mind all day!!

Check out the PBS special on the '60's for some good flashback. Talk about wild times. Watch it with your kids!

Old classics and seldom unheard oldies are found on a bunch of the Sirius stations. I heard Humble Pie's "30 days in the hole" just the other day. Haven't heard that tune in 30 years :)

hot rod

• Robert O'Connor_12
    Options
    hot rod

Where did you live up there? I lived in Gowanda for a spell.
    beautiful up there isn't it.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Al Corelli
    Al Corelli Member Posts: 454
    Options

Frank Zappa - Apostrophe

Pretty weird. I've never met Weezbo, but when I hear "Yellow Snow" I think of him, out in a blizzard, installing (lashing) a boiler.

This place is OK.
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    Options

Charlie Daniels in the truck, George Stait in my wifes truck
  • ScottMP
    Options
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Dont eat Tha Yellow snow *~/:)

great advise from the dude who lived down the street from me in L.A.:)
  • Todd_13
    Todd_13 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Back when I was a sound engineer, I worked for them on a morning show. Steve Howe was so high on weed at 7am that he couldn't answer a single question that the host asked. Didn't seem to hurt his playing at all.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Don't forget Sheik Yerbouti

on which the Baltimore-born Zappa shreds the disco craze....

"The beat goes on and I'm so wroooooonnnnnggggggg........"

But as always, Springsteen is in my CD player!
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Zappa was great!

A musical genius. "I should be moving to Montana soon, to raise me up a crop of dental floss. Raising it up...chopping it down, in a little white box that I can sell up town. By myself I wouldnt have no boss, but I'd be raising my lonely dental floss" Zappa won his first music competition playing on a bicycle wheel full of tuned spokes. I gotta set up my lp turntable and dig that stuff out. WW

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    One of my favorites

remember seeing Zappa live at the Cafe Wha in the Village when I was 15. That was 1966 or '67? Also saw the Mothers' live at the Halloween concert at the Fillmore East when he had Howie Kalen from the Turtles in the band. When the band did the Turtles hits (ala Zappa) the crowd almost tore the house apart. He was a great one.

• ScottMP
    Options
    I saw Zappa

in Boston at the Music Hall in 75. He was doing alot fo stuff from Overnight Sensation !

Dina Moe Hum, Dina Moe Hum, Wheres that Dino Moe comin from...

I am Gross and perferted, I am obsessed and deranged, I have exsited for years but very little has changed, I'm the tool of the Goverment and industry too .....

Ahhh Frank we need you now :)

Now this is good Sat. Wall talk .

Tomorrow we can all go down to St. Alfonsos Pancake Breakfast ( were I stole the margerine )

Scott

• John Conway
    John Conway Member Posts: 64
    Options
    It was about the same time

Perhaps a bit earlier, I bought Freak Out on a whim. Who ARE the brain police?

We must be about the same age (54 now). Bought it on my way up to my grandparents' house (where I now live with an old steam system). No telling what my dear grandparents thought, but they still loved me (Granddad was the best fishing partner ever).
  • Anthony Menafro
    Anthony Menafro Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Zappa, Suicide Chump(You are what you is)

There are three things that smeel like fish, one of them is fish, the other two are growing on youuuuuu! What other two?
    Anthony
  • Anthony Menafro
    Anthony Menafro Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Zappa, Suicide Chump(You are what you is)

There are three things that smeel like fish, one of them is fish, the other two are growing on youuuuuu! What other two?
    Anthony
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Bring On the YES

Best concert ever I have been to. Cleanest Loudest sound ever. Wide age group range 14 to 60 years old. "Yours is No Disgrace". Its all good. Talk about a talented group of musicians.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    We could jam in Joe's garage.....

His momma was screamin' TURN IT DOWN....

The followup rip to Sheik Yerbooti....Catholic Girls.

I got me 3 beers and a fistfull of downs and I'm gonna get ripped so..... Scott your right, we do need some kind of cynical look inward at this point. Chris
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    music

I'm a bit younger and grew up in the 80's. I'm just now getting back into it.

In my cd changer:

Van Halen: Assorted Best of cd's
    Bob Marley: Survival and Legend
    Alternative 80's cd
    One cd of kids songs for when my son travels with me.

• jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Saw

the Chairman of the Board open the Worcester Centrum. DCU Center now.

Ooops. Sorry, wrong crowd.

Lost much of my hearing to Elton.

Jack

ahh, did someone say something?
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Options
    Was he the guy

who also did "Ahhh, Leah"?
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Options
    Whyyyy does it Hurrrt when I

never mind!
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Options
    Zappa on Halloween

God I wish I could remember the year. The ticket said 8 o'clock sharp but Zappa didn't come on till 12:15. I left at 7:00 am to go to work.

soon the room was filling with flys..

Billy was a mountain!

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    You got it Steamhead

Crankin' music.
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Frank.....

I got it from the toilet se-eeeeeeeat,I got it fom the toilet se-eeeeeeeaT, It jumped right up, and grabbed my.....

I got it from the toilet seat.....IYEyeyey...

Toni Carboni, with a tounge like a cow she could make you go WOW. Maybe I'm too old?

VD vowdee voodie,all the wayyyyy, that's the way they go... Chris
  • Rich P.
    Rich P. Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Crosby,stills, nash

Almost cut my hair, its gettin' kinda long
  • Al Corelli
    Al Corelli Member Posts: 454
    Options

I guess we have some Zappa fans here?

Cath-olic Girls, with the tiny little moustache......

Oh! And the whole "Hot Rats" album is great!

I also listen to XM radio while in the truck (my work truck has a KICK **** Stereo).
    The Reggae station is very good.

I also have a 60 gig hard disk in the van with music I obtained online before it was illegal. Everything from Jimmy Roselli to Corrosion of Conformity.
    I like it ALL.
  • pitman9
    pitman9 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Lynyrd Skynyrd

• J.C.A._3
    Options
    So.

What is the ugliest part of your body?

Al, apparenttly there are some Zappa fans here.

Did anyone listen to NPR today? On the great program..What do you know, was a great recording of one of their reporters,(A real old timer who's name escapes me right now) singing on stage with Mr. Zappa.

I was finishing up a steamer, and only heard a bit of it while working.

Like I said earlier,we need someone right now to make ourselves , in a roundabout way, look inward. Frank had the magic to do it in record form,and thanks to Rykodisc, his talent has been digitally recorded, and it has been able to pass from generation to generation. He hired them to do it.( I saw him dining with the reps in Salem Ma. one night about 8 months before he passed on ).

Check out their web site if you want any of the Zappa collection. The other source is Rhino records. They also have a few "rare" and live recordings that are worth the efforts.

RIPFZ. Chris.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

One word......
    Aqualung

T
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Chuck_23
    Chuck_23 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Zappa

Since we're in a heating forum, how about some "Hot Rats"
  • Dave_22
    Dave_22 Member Posts: 232
    Options

All good,all good!!If you want to here some newer music from some outstanding musicians- DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!!!! "under the table and dreaming CD" or Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds "Live at Luther College"- for a complete acoustical jam!!!!
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Zappa

Is that a real ponco or a Sears poncho? hmmmm no foolin'
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Zappa is King

Saw YES at least 5 times in 70's to early 80's. Tremendous!
    Just blasted "Muffin Man" from Bongo Fury...Here it is.

The Muffin Man is seated at the table in the laboratory of the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen... Reaching for an oversized chrome spoon he gathers an intimate quantity of dried muffin remnants and brushing his scapular aside procceds to dump these inside of his shirt...
    He turns to us and speaks:

"SOME PEOPLE LIKE CUPCAKES BETTER. I FOR ONE CARE LESS FOR THEM!"

Arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snoot of a fully charged icing anointment utensil he poots forths a quarter-ounce green rosette (oh ah yuk yuk... let's try that again...!) He poots forth a quarter-ounce green rosette near the summit of a dense but radiant muffin of his own design.
    Later he says:

"SOME PEOPLE... SOME PEOPLE LIKE CUPCAKES EXCLUSIVELY, WHILE MYSELF, I SAY THERE IS NAUGHT NOR OUGHT THERE BE NOTHING SO EXALTED ON THE FACE OF GOD'S GREY EARTH AS THAT PRINCE OF FOODS... THE MUFFIN!"

Girl you though he was a man
    But he was a muffin
    He hung around till you found
    That he didn't know nuthin'

Girl you thought he was a man
    But he only was a-puffin'
    No cries is heard in the night
    As a result of him stuffin'

Bruce Fowler on trombone, Napoleon Murphy Brock on tenor sax, and lead vocals, Terry Bozzio on drums, Tom Fowler on bass, Denny Walley on slide, George Duke on keyboards, Captain Beefheart on vocals, and soprano sax, and madness. Thank you very much for coming to the concert tonight. Hope you enjoyed it. Goodnight Austin, Texas, where ever you are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Hear

let me sterlize it ... give me your lighter.

Only the best for my dog.

Glad you guys had fun on the weekend. I forget how much I love music.

Now back to your regulary schedule website.

" I'm the slim ozzing out from your TV set ".

Scott

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Ah yes

How many people thought the floutist in the band was named Jethro Tull. Ian Anderson is now a Salmon Farmer in Scotland. Just like Pink Floyd, "Oh by the Way which one's Pink." I used to play Locomotive breath on my acoutic guitar at parties. Amazing how many people knew the words and would join in. "Crawling down the corridor, on his hands and knees. My god he took the handle...and the train it won't stop going no way to slow down." WW

This discussion has been closed.