Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GB142-60

Options
RianS
RianS Member Posts: 104
Evening all,

Does anyone know what the first hour and continuous flow rating is on the 50 gallon indirect using the GB142-60?? I want to use this combo. on a job coming up but the web-site is hard to get info from. Thanks in advance. RianS

Comments

• Darin Cook_2
    Darin Cook_2 Member Posts: 205
    Options
    RianS

Which 50 gallon indirect would that be?

Darin
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Flow rate

It is recommended to use a Taco 0013 or equal with the Buderus ST200 (53 gallon tank)and the GB142/60. If other tank is being used, The GB142/60 has 10ft of head at 16GPM. 31/2 feet of head at 9GPM. Please call if there are any questions.
  • Dave_22
    Dave_22 Member Posts: 232
    Options

I think he is looking for the output of the indirect, not the flow required throught the heat exchanger. I have it at home i believe.....
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

Hey Joe,

What is the pressure drop across this boiler? I can't find that in your literature.
  • RianS
    Options

I am looking for the output of the ST200 at the BTU rating of the GB142-60. It is going in a 10,500 sq ft home with 7 bathrooms. The master bath has a 210 gallon whirlpool tub. Just want to have enough to handle a couple of showers at the same time. Get this, the well is rated at 8 gpm, I am sure the shower in the master bath alone needs more than that with all the body sprays and shower head. This system will be 12 zones of radiant already piped with circulators and 1 zone for indirect. All the tubing is done and most of the piping to the boiler room. The basement zones are all tied together and connected to an electric water heater for some heat this past winter. Thats all the previous contractor completed before he passed away. Although the work is very nice, I am trying to figure out what he had in mind when planning the system. He was going to use 2 Polaris gas water heaters, 1 for heat and 1 for domestic hot water. It almost looks like he was going to supply the entire heating system with 1 water temp., I guess its possible since all the floors are concrete. Any advise on how to approach this job would be appreciated. Thanks RianS
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,055
    Options
    I would tread VERY carefully with this project..................

Are you coming in on the end?????? Sounds like alot of higher expectations here. Where you involved with the roughing/calculating at all? Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    ST200 output

The ST200 with a GB142/60 will have a 199GPH continuous rating (3.3gpm). Based on the information provided the domestic hot water production should be looked at.
  • RianS
    Options
    Mad Dog

I wasn't involved with any of the load calcs., planning or anything. All I was able to get from the HO was info. on the Polaris water heaters and the heat loss was 195,000 BTU's. The heat loss was calculated with R-19 in exterior walls and R-30 in the ceilings. The home is all concrete exterior walls which is poured into styrofoam forms which is actually around R-50. I am having my own heat loss done on it but I am still guessing what the previous contractor had in mind. Thanks Joe for the info on the ST
This discussion has been closed.