Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aluminum fins

Adam, I've had good luck with Talon's line of coil cleaners. They clean all the junk off the coil, and whether the products claim they seal or not, I have noticed that the rate of new corrosion forming has been greatly reduced.

Here is the website:

www.talonindustrial.com

Good luck and thanks for the kind words.

Comments

• adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Aluminum fins

Firstly, welcome to the Wall! On behalf of myself and the other Wallies, it's great to have you and access to your expertise. We appreciate it!
    Secondly, we installed a furnace and a/c system for a client's summer home in Jermyn, PA. We even installed a remote system so they can turn the heat or a/c on ahead of arrival to warm or cool the place. After the client covered the condenser with a vinyl cover over this past winter, there seems to be what looks like oxidization on the lower 4-5 inches of aluminum fins around most of the coil. While there for something else this summer, I tried dissolving it with vinegar but got no results. Any idea what it is or how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance, Adam
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Peeeeeeeeeeeeee

Unine fron pets which contains amonia will do this. I have seen it. I would never clean with vinegar as I believe it can be costic to. I know you stated that there was a cover on it, but Unine would be my first suspect!!!!
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    There isn't a sump pump discharge by the condenser is there?

I've got a customer that when his townhouse was built, the builder discharged his and his neighbors sump pump next to the condensers, and then the water softener discharge was dumped into the sump pumps. Next thing you know, the condensers were being exposed to the equivalent of a small hurricanes worth of salt water on a regular basis. Now the condenser is completely missing about 25% of the coil fins, plus major corrosion of the cabinet and compressor.
This discussion has been closed.