Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please pray for my son...(Floyd)

Options
2»

Comments

• Reynz_2
    Reynz_2 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    In our prayers

Your son and your family.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Flyod

you and Your son are in my thoughts.

I know the extra work load is calling you but there is Nothing so important as your sons health right now. Be with him and know that you are not alone.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave Mayer -3 Sons Heating
    Options

I have lived through divorce as well. Things seemed so dark and no words would or could help. Fortunately, I am here today writing this. My prayers are with the both of you.
    God Bless
    Dave Mayer Sr.
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    Help

All our prayers are with you. Show him this tread , he can see how many people care. I was there at one time. I was useful , I could do things, but I felt no one cared. fortunately I was better as a service tech than a suicide.

To Floyds son:

There is SO much to live for, you are better than you think, more loved than you know, and wanted more than you can believe. Be strong, stay the course. draw strength from you family, until you can stand alone again. I have never met you, but I have been there. Dawn will happen in your life again, the sunshine will return." this too shall pass"

Be at peace, you are loved.

Mitch
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    That must be incredibly tough...

... Your wife must be suffering greatly to try so many times to end her life. I hope you can find/afford professional help at a place like Macleans to get to the root of the problem before she succeeds.

There will always be times in our lives that are dark, unhappy, and that sometimes will appear to be unliveable. Yet, the most important thing is not to give up hope and to work towards a solution. I hope that you and and your family can convince her to seek professional help and to support her in this time of need, despite all the numbing pain these multiple episodes must have inflicted on you and the rest of your family.

You know how to find me. If you'd ever like to sit down at Starbucks or whatever, just drop me a line.
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    You've got the prayers...

There is a lot of help available, if you can get him to it. Alcoholics Anonymous DOES work! Its a long, hard road, but it WILL get the drinking under control. He sounds very depressed, and there's effective treatment for that, too. In a recent article, a combination of anti-depressant medication and psychiatry sessions worked out the best. I have several good friends who suffered greatly with depression, all are now doing fine. It's not easy, but it does work. Floyd, I hope this will pass quickly. Take care of yourself, too.
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    Thanks Constantin,

appreciate that too!

She went through this 16 years ago and I acted as her advocate and things got done, FACT!

Stupidly we never made out health proxies. That is an absolute MUST for married couples and parents (both ways). The privacy and health laws are terrible when it comes to this. I don't know what some of these idiots were thinking but even lawyers are stumped, it's sad.

She has finally agreed to seek couseling and the 16th is the big day. Problem is we went through this in the Spring and then she didn't stay on the meds, claims she will this time!

It's been the best year of my working career and it can never all go together. Kinda like golf; if your irons are hot, your putter is cold, etc.............. I keep pluggin!!!
  • hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    Options
    Floyd...

You definitely have my prayers and best wishes. Your friends will always be by your side when you need them. Please do not hesitate to ask, should there be anything we can do for you. Prayers are a definitely coming from your friends in Canada. I am just a couple of years older than your son and have my share of bad days behind me. Things will always get better, no matter how bad it looks at the time. Time is a wonderful thing, as it is able to heal a lot of wounds.

Mike
  • PJO_5
    PJO_5 Member Posts: 199
    Options
    Floyd,

> You definitely have my prayers and best wishes.

> Your friends will always be by your side when you

> need them. Please do not hesitate to ask, should

> there be anything we can do for you. Prayers are

> a definitely coming from your friends in Canada.

> I am just a couple of years older than your son

> and have my share of bad days behind me. Things

> will always get better, no matter how bad it

> looks at the time. Time is a wonderful thing, as

> it is able to heal a lot of wounds.

>

> Mike

• PJO_5
    PJO_5 Member Posts: 199
    Options
    Floyd,

Hopefully his worse days are behind him. Love him unconditionally (as it seems you are), seek the best help you can, and the good Lord will hopefully take care of the rest.

I was in Trout Run this past weekend, and was thinking of you...stay strong.

Take Care, PJO
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Options
    God Never

I was taught a long time ago that God never gives us more than we can handle. When it seems he has, remember Footprints in the Sand.

You guys are in my prayers,

Leo
  • rb_6
    rb_6 Member Posts: 222
    Options
    Our thoughts and prayers

are with you and yours.

If he hasn't seen this list, please do so - its a great reminder that even those who don't know him personally ... believe he's one of the team and more than worthy of being freinds with any and all of us.

RB
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Options
    Prayers are with you..

God will answer all prayers. We will pray for strength for you and your family in these difficult times.

Regards,

PR
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Floyd,

My wife and I have added your family to ours prayers. I remember meeting the two of you in Chicago and really liked your son. We where very much in the same place at that time; recently married, having our first kids, and complaining about our outlaws (mother-in-laws).

Good Luck and wish him well!

Jamie

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • I haven't stopped pulling for ya

pease be in your lives.

Nothing worth while comes without pain.

• Tom_35
    Tom_35 Member Posts: 265
    Options
    Don't give up on the Lord

Floyd,

I don't know many of the folks that post on this site, but it is sure heartwarming to see the responses that have been posted for you and your son, and for Tommyoil.

We all have trials and tests in our life and God already knows whether we are going to pass or fail on these. Stay hooked up with your prayers as you know that we will as well. We don't always understand what happens in life, and it is certainly fine with the Lord for you to question Him---even get angry.

After you have opened up, ask the Lord to give you, your son, and all the others wisdom as you go forward. Don't give up on the Lord because He won't give up on you.

Tom Atchley
  • John at Watts Radiant
    Options
    You're both in my prayers

Hang in there.
    You're both in my thoughts and prayers.
    John
  • Floyd_7
    Floyd_7 Member Posts: 136
    Options
    A quick update.....

Isaac is doing well, so far.....
    I had a great chat with him Sun. night and he was more honest with me about the things he was into then I would have ever wanted to admit. It's amazing how we as parents tend to only see the best in our kids and can really over look some things that should be slappiin' us in the face.
    The plan now is to get him to a D&A Rehab, the work on the many other problems.... the mind must be clear first.
    Thanks!!!! for all your concern, it is overwhleming!!!!
    For those of you that know the Lord and have expreesed that, know that Isaac does also, but has turned his back.... I have been talking with him about making that right, as a first step. We ALL need the help of a higher power!!!
    Mr. Firedragon... I have been through many attempts by my ex. (Isaac's mom), It is never easy!!!! Hang in there!!!!
    In a weird sort of way, she has been the one that has seemed to be the most effective in helping Isaac. Guess she knows what he is feeling.

Thanks again so much for ALL your prayers and help!!!!
    We WILL get through this and emerge stronger than ever!!!

Floyd
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    I know what you

mean Floyd and I'm happy for your family.

My wife helped others after her first depression 16 years ago, I hope she can go that long again. The mind is the most complex machine in the universe, FACT!

I have to keep that in mind to make me get through it, because like any typical mechanic, the frustration of not being able to fix it is highly frustrating.

Happy to hear prayer still works, FACT!
This discussion has been closed.