Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil/phase 3 tank

Options
it used to be that you could in a tight place place a Phase 3 indirect on it's side...they may have even had a bracket to hold it....since the Weil-Mcl gold plus is practically the same unit .....can you still do this? I know the output would be reduced. have a unique job where headroom will be at a premium....kpc

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=323&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Can't you use

indirects made for horizontal applications like the Crown or Buderus models? I would think puting a vertical indirect on it's side would screw up the dip tube and create cross flow directly from the inflow to outflow ports, picking up little heat at all. A few makers have low-boy models also.
  • The HL series

used to come with the 2 brackets for either wall mount or to lay on the floor . Like you said , output is reduced , I think something like 25 percent . You also need their special dip tube . I'm not sure if they still make the HL because we change them out with the Smart series whenever we get a leaker .

We just installed a Buderus indirect under a Buderus boiler . That looks like the way to go for tight space work - every connection is out the back , and it's relatively low to the ground . How low is the headroom Kevin ?
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Ron

Pictures man! Show us the goods! Chris
  • Dead batteries

And after seeing Heatboys latest project , I just might forget the batteries altogether . Instead of mounting the hardware to diamond plate , we made brackets out of 3/4 Taco flanges . Actually , it don't look too bad , I'm going to post a few questions about installing the
    Buderus later , if you're around . I sure could use some help .
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    yes I could...

but the Buderus Lt was $350 more.....a lot more $ than I wanted...All I have is 40"...I might just use the 40 gallon Hotwatermate by amtrol w/ a mixer, that gives me 37"( I was hoping to use a 50gal SSContender)...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Price out a Crown Horizontal 40 gal MegaStore

I think it's less then the Buderus.
This discussion has been closed.