Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

basement plumbing question

Options
ross_2
ross_2 Member Posts: 1
Hi,

This is a straight-up plumbing question, not a heating question, so let me apologize up front. Whose bath fixtures (toilet/shower/lav) would you recommend for basement installation. I have seen different models made for basements (all designed pretty similarly, I think) and was just wondering if there was a preference.

Thanks!

ross

Comments

• antman
    antman Member Posts: 182
    Options

Kohler, American Standard, Eljer, Gerber

Not necessarily in that order but to name a few.
    cost will be a factor.

Stay away from the big box stores as they will be no help in making a selection, try a local PLUMBING SUPPLY house.

Ant

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Toilet of choice

The Toto G-Max.Great 1.6 gallon flusher.Increased passage ways in the trapway and tank to bowl.As far as the rest your pick.For a nice shower base and wall tile try Jacuzzi acrylic or do a mud job and just get a quality strainer.Grohe makes a real nice tub/shower mix/volume control.Moen also has a nice selection.As stated above visit a good showroom.

cheese
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    i think the basement bath is the key...

are you asking about a toilet/plb. system that is for use below the sewer line ? Zoeller makes a good sew. ejt. package....I have used a macerating toilet combo w/o any problems but you have to be careful....hope this is what you meant....kpc
This discussion has been closed.