Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Blue waxy stuff in blower compartment?

Options
Larry_7
Larry_7 Member Posts: 86
Sounds like you might have found that blue crayon the kids lost last year. Or maybe someone used a candle to see where all that sooty stuff was coming from.

Sorry, couldn't resist a little hoomer. Seriously, I can't think of any source from within the furnace such a substance would come from. The blower compartment is the lowest portion of your system so any foreign materials that find their way into the duct may invariably wind up there. Some may have stuck to the blower wheel as well and may cause it to vibrate if out of balance. I've seen some pretty cruddy blowers that don't vibrate only because the stuff was distributed evenly.

Brings to mind while installing A/C at my Dad's when I realized my son had been unusually quiet for some time. When I looked in on him he had found the basement floor drain and naturally concluded all the scrap wood that would fit belonged in there. They only screw up because they're trying do do something they think needs doing.

Larry

Comments

• Jon_3
    Jon_3 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Blue waxy stuff in blower compartment

I found some chunks of blue waxy material in the bottom of the blower compartment of an upflow Lennox WhisperHeat. It doesn't dissolve in water. Any ideas what this might be?
  • bigugh_4
    bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Kids and holes

they seem to go together. any hole seems to say to a child, "Find something that will fit in there!" I have seen it so often that any hole anywhere I think of kids and rocks or balls or nails or rags, or toys or anything that will fit. I have cleared out just about everything there is,(like batteries in the toilet) Golf balls in floor drains. whole carrots in the john etc. Never leave a hole open and you do yourself a big favor!
    bigugh
  • Larry_7
    Larry_7 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Toilets and Toys

The same boy that stuffed the floor drain also cost me a toilet. He flushed a Weeble. It wouldn't go down or come back out. This particular Weeble's occupation was the Weeble bus driver. Must have flunked the CDL test. Couldn't Drive a Lick.

Larry
  • Dave Palmer_3
    Dave Palmer_3 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    weebles...

wooble but they don't flush down
This discussion has been closed.